Main duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure professional attendance to operations of all machinery on the dredge.
- Maintains engine room equipment.
- Ensure timely and cost effective maintenance of all machinery
- Ensure that all preventive maintenance programmes are executed.
- Give weekly updates on status of all major machinery aboard.
- Effect first level and initiate second level maintenance activities
- Motivate and provide leadership for other technical hands on the dredge.
- Ensuring that tools and spares on the dredge are properly accounted for and requests for replenishment made in good time.
- Ensure that all machinery and equipment are operated and maintained in a safe, efficient and economical manner.
- Checks all engines for water and oil and other related routine activities.
- Checks fire pumps for proper operation.
- Training and supporting your subordinates to ensure their best understanding and performance of their roles and duties.
- To ensure proper planning to provide maximum availability of the dredge for operations.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 8 years field experience in the dredging or maritime industry.
- Must be conversant and familiar with Programmable Logic Controls
- Must hold a minimum of Advanced Diploma in marine/mechanical engineering – preferably a degree holder.