Department: Supply Chain Management
Purpose of the Job
- Gold Fields Ghana is seeking to employ a highly motivated supply chain professional to lead the supply chain team.
- This is a key hands-on position which provides supply chain and contract management leadership as a member of Gold Fields Global supply chain team.
- Reporting to the Vice President and Head of Finance, West Africa, the candidate will be responsible for the supply chain leadership, direction, and support services across total procurement spend, including related contracts, transactional procurement/buying, materials management, and logistics, to meet regional, corporate and global supply chain requirements.
- Formulate and implement supplychain strategies, systems, policies, and procedures to achieve the strategic goals of the supply chain function.
- Coordinate supply chain service levels and benefits delivery across total procurement spend and related contracts, procurement, materials management and logistics.
- Facilitate the ,timely establishment of commercially astute and legally robust contractual arrangements.
- Drive key commercial negotiations to ensure the best long term sustainable outcome for the business.
- Establish commercial alignment with Gold Fields’ vendors to ensure that the integrated benefits, requirements and objectives of the business are met.
- Lead the centralized supply chain team to provide efficient contracts and vendor administration and contract services to Gold Fields Ghana operations.
- Assume full responsibility for the implementation, operation, maintenance and performance of supply chain systems across all Gold Fields Ghana operations.
- Assist in major global procurement ventures undertaken by Gold Fields Ghana to ensure that strategic supply opportunities are explored, evaluated and implemented.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to supply chain personnel to ensure the acquisition and retention of relevant competencies to achieve the strategic goals of the supply chain function.
Required Skills or Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Supply Chain Management or a similar business discipline.
- Must possess at least 10 years hands-on experience in supply chain and contract management in the mining industry, or in a reputable institution, including experience, in tendering, evaluating, negotiating and establishing high value sustainable contracts.
- At least 5 years of work experience at a management level.
- Excellent contract negotiations skills.
- Ability to quantify risks and provide guidance on best-fit practices and principles.
- Sound analytical skills and an excellent attention to details.
- Must be strategically focused and results-driven.
- Medically fit for the position and environment.
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian driver’s license and be able to drive light duty vehicles.
How To Apply
Interested parties should submit detailed curriculum vitae to:Tarkwa.email@example.com
- Attention: Francis Eduku
- Closing Date: March 4, 2016
Gold Fields is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment.
- Pre-screening and psychometric evaluation may form part of the selection process.
- Shortlisted candidates will be requested to attend a penel interview
- Applicants who receive not response to their applications within 14 days after the application deadline may consider their application for the position to unsuccessful