Health Field Officer
- Assists Health Delegate in running field activities related to the health program
- Contributes to assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of health programs
- Contributes to continuous assessment and monitoring of health situation in area of responsibility
- In coordination with Health Delegate, networks and maintains contacts with State, local authorities and other humanitarian organizations, National Security, Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) and community leaders
- Participates in field trips; at times may be requested to organize and lead field trip.
- Collects all relevant information in the field for the implementation of the programme and relays it to the health delegate or health coordinator
- Registered Nurse/Midwife registered with the Nursing council of Nigeria
- Working experience in Public Health in the tropics & in Reproductive Health sector is mandatory
- At least 2 years of experience in working in Nigeria and knowledge of the Nigerian Health System
- Good command of both written and spoken English
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Good knowledge of Borno mainly & Yobe surrounding areas
- Prepared to spend 80% of time doing field visits
- Able to translate local language Hausa and Kanuri to English and vice versa
- Knowledge in Data entry and analysis
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work
- Team leadership and good communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to work independently and with a sense of initiative
- Team work and partnership working skills
- Willingness to learn and support others in their learning
- Highly developed analytical, planning and organising skills
How to Apply:
Persons interested and qualified should send application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to
Please clearly indicate “Health Field Officer Maiduguri” as the subject of your application
(Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 03.10.2017, 16:30 h. Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information about the ICRC, please visit our website www.icrc.org