Intensive Care Unit (ICU)/High Dependence Unit (HDU) NURSE
- Works across all areas of the High Dependency Unit
- Responsible for the provision of patient centered, evidence-based nursing care and is expected to embrace a practice development philosophy in the delivery of that care
- Provide a continuum of care to patients with complex critical illness and be a clinical role model for other Registered Nurses and Nursing students
- Provide care in a quality framework and promote positive health outcomes.
- Take into consideration the patients’ ethnicity, culture, gender, spiritual values, sexuality, age, disability and economic and social factors in consultation with the patient when planning care
- Show leadership and embrace change in the coordination and delivery of their care, inclusive of appropriate referral to, and in consultation with, other health professionals, service providers and community.
- Align professional values and goals and work within ICRC mandated directives, standards.
- Flexible to perform other tasks as assigned
- Registered Nurse with 2-3 years of experience with specific qualification and anaesthesia.
- Up to date knowledge and skills on trauma, medical & surgical procedures.
- Ability to provide support and education to the junior hospital staff especially in the management of critical surgical emergencies.
- Proven ability to work with people of varied cultural and social backgrounds
- Flexible, diplomatic and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills
- Ability to clinically supervise ongoing work practice, safe staffing levels and problem solving
- Very good communication skills, especially when it comes to speaking and listening
- Emotional stability and to be able to work in stressful and traumatic situations, while keeping empathy towards patients
- Flexibility and quick response capacity to endure recurrent changes in working schedule, to be able to work for long hours and act swiftly in emergencies.
- Great interpersonal skills, to be able to work well with a variety of situation with different people.
- Good physical endurance and to be able to perform frequent physical tasks, standing for long time while maintaining good energy
- Good problem solving skills and to be able to think quickly and address problems as/or before they arise.
- Be able to maintain respect to his/her patients, colleagues and profession/duty in different circumstances
How to Apply:
Persons interested and qualified should send application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to
Please clearly indicate “ICU/HDU Nurse Maiduguri” as the subject of your application
(Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 29.09.2017, 16:30 h. Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information about the ICRC, please visit our website www.icrc.org