International Medical Corps (IMC) is a global, humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training, relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations.
International Medical Corps has been operating in Nigeria since November 2013. It currently has its country office in Abuja and field offices in Kano, Sokoto , Maiduguri, Damboa and Dikwa where it is implementing emergency Water, Sanitation, Hygiene (WASH) and Protection programs, and also building capacity of local health systems and structures, ensuring the provision of quality, accessible Nutrition and Health Care.
International Medical Corps is therefore looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of Senior Logistics Officer to be based in its Maiduguri Office.
SENIOR LOGISTICS OFFICER-MAIDUGURI (Nigeria Nationals only)
The Senior Logistics Officer works under the supervision of the Logistics Manager technically and Emergency program Coordinator Administratively. He interfaces with all IMC personnel authorized to issue purchase request. He represents the organization to suppliers and the department to customers. As such he is expected to adopt professional customer based attitude, promoting International Medical Corps and Logistics Department’s image.
The Senior Logistics Officer is responsible for the deliverables of the logistics and procurement section in support to International Medical Corps project activities and in compliance with the IMC internal and donors’ processes, rules and regulations.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND EXPECTED RESULTS:
In charge of the correct implementation of International Medical Corps procurement guideline. This includes educating Procurement section customers, capturing, analyzing and reporting data. Remain updated of donor policies and procedures.
- Act upon submission of a dully approved Purchase Request. Educate and support customers to ensure timely submission of approved PRs with sufficient details, realistic delivery target date.
Procurement tracking sheet:
- Record and track PRs through Procurement Tracking sheet: every procurement step is logged into PTS.
- PTS is supplied on weekly bases to customers and segregated per project.
- Carry out market analysis, record suppliers, collect relevant documentation and proceed to screening including Bridget Insight control.
- Maintain suppliers’ individual files with relevant administrative documentation. Maintain supplier tracking sheet.
- Use lists of recommended suppliers provided by UN agencies, embassies, other NGOs… Able to explain why selected suppliers have been invited to bid.
- Implements competitive bidding following IMC procurement thresholds (single quote, negotiated, Request for Quote, National open Tender, International open Tender). Assesses thresholds against total value of procurement line per grant for the entire duration of the grant.
- For single quote and negotiated procedures, self-sufficient, collect quotes and prepare bid summary for further review and approval.
- Depending on selected process, draft Request for Quotes, launch bidding process, collect quotes in sealed envelopes, evaluate offers in tender committee, proposes recommended supplier, record and implement committee conclusion.
- Negotiate business terms and conditions, prices, quality to International Medical Corps’ benefit. Draft Purchase orders and collect approval. Collect supplier’s signature on all Purchase Order pages and provide copy of PO to supplier.
Delivery & payment:
- Inform relevant Warehouse point person about upcoming deliveries and provide copy of PO for control against specifications and quantities.
- Receive invoice and control against original order, advance payments/installments already delivered…
- For goods: Facilitate delivery of orders to the warehouse of the site of payment and collect Good Received Note.
- For services: Facilitate delivery of services, collect memo from most technically sound IMC personnel for completion validation. Ensure period of guaranty, aftersales service is mentioned.
- Attach GRN to procurement file with supplier’s invoice and transfer file to finance for payment.
- Ensure delivery till final destination.
Warehouse & assets Management.
- Ensure all the procured supplies and GIK’s received in warehouse/ store and good GRN issued.
- Ensure the warehouse/ store maintained according to IMC and Donor policy and procedure.
- Ensure warehouse and program staffs are informed 48 hours before supply’s delivered to warehouse/store by vendors.
- Ensure all procurement document are issue to the warehouse/store keeper so that he /she can cross check against delivered supplies are as per PO.
- Ensure all warehouse /store documentation are properly recorded when received and issued.
- Produce weekly/ Monthly stock report.
Fleet and Generator Management.
- Ensure the rented vehicles are properly managed.
- Ensure, the vehicle performance report is done for each vehicle and analysed the cost if it is reasonable and take corrective action.
- Ensure the log sheet is properly recorded all trips on daily bases and the led passengers signed to acknowledge the use of the vehicle.
- Ensure at the end of the month collect invoice and analysed usage submit the invoice for finance for payment.
- Ensure generator usage on daily bases are recorded on the log sheet fuel usage is recorded consumption is analysed on monthly bases.
- Ensure compliance with IMC policies and procedures, donor regulations and local laws.
- Ensure that the procurement and disposal of commodities, especially those subject to US Export Compliance regulations, are in line with applicable licenses and are properly documented.
- Ensure that vendor eligibility screening is carried out in a timely fashion, updated regularly, and, recorded appropriately.
- If you have staff to supervise, manage them with integrity and foresight. Actively seek advice on HR procedures and policies to ensure that the highest standards of accountability and professionalism are upheld.
- Make frequent site visits to where staff supervised by you are working, to ensure that the appropriate care and support is being offered.
- With guidance from your supervisor, ensure that staff supervised by you are evaluated regularly, trained and/or mentored in a structured accountable manner, and written records of such are retained.
- Provide input to the recruitment, selection and performance of logistics staff, as required.
Training/ Capacity Building
- Advocate and plan for professional development for yourself, and any staff supervised by you.
- Provide input to, and deliver, where applicable, training for national staff to increase their responsibilities in order to build capacity, and ensure sustainability of programs.
- Proactively engage with your supervisor, and key staff (Program, Finance, and Medical) on all matters logistic.
- •Proactively engage on a regular basis with your supervisor, and regional IMC logistics officer colleagues to develop working networks to seek advice where needed.
- •Assist your supervisor with engaging with donors, local government, project partners, UN agencies and other non-governmental organizations in order to manage the distribution of goods and materiel as, well as to ensure adequate information sharing, address common concerns/problems and seek solutions.
- Represent IMC in a positive and professional manner to contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of IMC’s mandate, ethics, values and stand-point with regard to other actors.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in a relevant business field is desired.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in procurement and logistics departments of governmental, non-governmental or commercial organization.
- An experience in large scale supply chain management preferably Humanitarian Logistics
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel.
- Excellent oral and written English skills. Understanding of local Language( Hausa)
- High computer skills on MS Office programs, especially in MS Excel.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action as to not delay program activities.
- Willingness to work in hardship area
Ethical Conduct for IMC Staff
The International Medical Corps maintains a code of standards of conduct that shall govern the performances of its employees engaged in the award and administration of contracts. No employee, officer, or agent shall participate in the selection, award, or administration of a contract supported /by donor funds if a real or apparent conflict of interest would be involved. Such a conflict would arise when the employee, officer, or agent, any member of his or her immediate family, his or her partner, or an organization which employs or is about to employ any of the parties indicated above, has a financial or other interest in the firm selected for an award. IMC officers, employees, or agents shall neither solicit nor accept gratuities, favors, or anything of monetary value from contractors, or parties to sub-agreements. These standards shall provide for disciplinary actions to be applied for violations of such standards by IMC officers, employees, or agents.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps
Compliance & Ethics:
Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
All applications should be addressed to the Human Resource Manager, International Medical Corps via the email:
Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.
.Deadline for submission is September 21, 2017