- Performs repairs and maintenance on the premises including plumbing, carpentry, electricity, mechanic, and welding according to capabilities and competences
- In case the need is above technical capabilities, refers to Administrative Assistant and/or Administrator and assists in defining the works to be done and follows up with Logistics for quotations and works to be outsourced where necessary.
- Monitors premises service suppliers in case of an external intervention in ICRC premises.
- Checks regularly critical points on premises including electricity, safety, passive security (walls, gates, lights) water circulation, sewage, and reports to Administrative Assistant and/or Administrator for swift correction.
- Ensures that safety measures are being adhered to at all times
- Follows up, performs and / or supervises external supplier’s regular maintenance performance including: Air conditioning service, water tanks service, compound cleaning (trees, grass, blocks, trenches), and pest control
- Performs purchases related to premises (tools, consumables, small equipment, services) under supervision of the logistician.
- Technical/Tartiary Education in any technical field (plumbing, electrical, carpentry etc)
- Secondary School or Equivalent
- Similar work experience desirable
- Good physical condition
- Good command of English
- Honest and trustworthy
- Very well organized and paying attention to details
- Sense of economy and efficiency
How to Apply:
Persons interested and qualified should send application letter, curriculum vitae, copy of valid driver’s license and contact details of three referees to
Please clearly indicate “Premises Technician Maiduguri” as the subject of your application
(Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 26.09.2017, 16:30 h. Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information about the ICRC, please visit our website www.icrc.org