Created in 1980 by Sister Emmanuelle following her experience with rag pickers in Egypt’s slums, Asmae keeps on respecting its founder’s values and methods: listening and proximity, pragmatism, respect of the differences, professionalism and reciprocity.
Asmae’s action aims to support vulnerable children and their families through providing tailor-made and long lasting support to local stakeholders working on education and child protection.
Its vision, “A fair world which guarantees that children can live and grow with dignity within their environment, to become free women and men who contribute to society”, is broken down into four missions:
o Stimulate child development through a global approach. To do this, Asmae also works on family support by taking their environment into account;
o Build the capacity of local stakeholders involved in child development, boost cooperation amongst them and maximize their social impact;
o Stand up for children by raising awareness and advocating;
o Experiment, disseminate and share practices.
Nowadays Asmae supports education and child protection projects through 53 local organizations in Burkina-Faso, Egypt, France, India, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali and Philippines. Furthermore, in France, Asmae also directly manages a mother and childcare center.
Asmae in Egypt background:
Asmae is registered under the Ministry of Solidarity since May 2015. Asmae develops projects in the fields of prevention of school dropout, support to children with disabilities and prevention and care of children at risk. Asmae currently supports seven Egyptian associations working in informal areas of Greater Cairo, in Alexandria and Arment (Luxor governorate). Asmae Egypt’ team is based in Cairo and includes seven people (a country representative, a project and partnership manager, two technical advisers, an administration and finance officer, a national office assistant and a translator/interpreter).
According to Asmae’s strategy and under the direct supervision of the Country Representative, the Administrative and Financial Officer implements and monitors the accounting and financial operations of the national office to which he/she is assigned. He/she also carries out activities associated with the Payroll and Administration processes of personnel.
The Administrative and Finance Officer follows the local security and safety rules and procedures and participates to the security context analysis.
3.1. Accounting and financial management
• Checks the eligibility of the accounting documents of Asmae and its partners
• Records invoices after budget allocation in cash journals
• Proceeds with the monthly publishing and sending to the HQ of the financial report and associated documents, in compliance with the consolidation process
• Records the validated adjustments and reallocations
• Manages and monitors fixed assets
• Prepares and ensures the carrying out of Asmae’s financial audits
• Prepares and implements the audits of Asmae’s partners
3.2. Budget management
• Proceeds with the validation, then with the archiving of budget monitoring reports, in accordance with the applicable rules of Asmae
• Alerts the Country Representative in case of exceeding and/or under-consumption of budget lines
• Checks the expenses made in connection with the activities carried out in the field, and ensures suitable communication with the Country Representative and partners
• Ensures the monitoring, support and training of Asmae’s partners in their accounting and financial management
• Participates in the drafting of budget proposals (new projects at the writing stage) and interim and final financial project reports (donor format)
• Ensures the monitoring of the budget review in accordance with the applicable procedures
3.3. Administrative management
• Proceeds with the archiving of accounting and administrative documents in accordance with the applicable procedures
• Ensures compliance of the requirements and procedures of the association’s donors, and alerts the Country Representative in case of non-compliance
• Ensures the monitoring of institutional donor contracts and partnership agreements
• Carries out the administrative monitoring of the association’s bank accounts
3.4. Cash management
• Ensures the carrying out and monitoring (cash report and bank reconciliations) of cash operations (Cash and Banks) in accordance with the applicable procedures
• Proceeds with the monitoring of the cash flow forecast and with the sending of fund transfer requests
• Implements rules relating to fund security (bank deposits, cash and safety-deposit box management)
3.5. Implementation of legal and regulatory obligations
• Contributes to the establishing of registration procedures or renewal of Asmae’s authorisation to work in the country, in connection with the National Office Assistant
• Ensures activities relating to the Payroll and Administration processes of personnel (social welfare and tax affiliations, support with obtaining a visa, preparation of contracts/amendments/timesheets, consolidation of variable Payroll elements, social security declarations), in compliance with the regulatory framework, Asmae’s procedures, and in connection with the local legal advisor
3.6. Contribution to the development of National Office activities:
• Participates in the hosting and leading of team meetings
• Contributes to the carrying out of training/experience-sharing activities within Asmae, and participates in local sectoral networks
• Participates in institutional representation meetings and activities
4- POSITION’S REQUIREMENTS
• Degree(s) in administration, finance and accounting
• Five years of experience in accounting and finance in non-profit organizations
• A previous experience in financial management of projects co-funded by international donors is highly desirable
• Fluency in English (Minimum level of B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages or a minimum TOEIC score of 785)
• Used with Office Pack
• French is an asset
• SAGA Software is an asset
• Experience in training and capacity building is appreciated
• Autonomy and exactitude
• Patience, diplomacy and sense of listening
• Ability to build confidence with various stakeholders
• Dynamism and initiative
• Ability to work with a team
• Ability to work under pressure
5- PRACTICAL INFORMATION
Place of work: The position is based in Cairo but requires frequent travels inside Greater Cairo and Upper Egypt.
Contract: Egyptian fixed-term employment contract
Duration: 24 months (renewable)
Starting date: As soon as possible
Monthly net salary: 11 526 EGP – 12 679 EGP, according to experience
Candidates should send a detailed resume outlining their academic and professional background relevant to the proposed position, as well as a cover letter, showing the persons motivation and expertise, via our web site: http://www.asmae.fr/fr/jobs/