International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Learning Specialist
Department/Location: Accra, Ghana
Reports To: Research Director
Type: Regular Full-Time
Overview: IBTCI seeks a Learning Specialist for USAID’s Peace through Evaluation, Learning and Adapting Activity (PELA) in Ghana. The purpose of this activity is to support USAID/West Africa to be a more effective, efficient and adaptable operating unit in achieving the development objective of strengthening systems of non-violent conflict management in West Africa. The activity will strengthen USAID’s effectiveness implementing its projects; coordinating its activities; learning from its experiences; and serving as an information, communication, and thought leader regarding peace promotion and countering violent extremism (CVE) in the West Africa region. This position is based in Accra, Ghana with a period of performance of 51 months. Ghanaian nationals are encouraged to apply for this position.
This position is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop a Learning Agenda for the USAID/West Africa mission and regularly maintain and update this document;
- Assist with the implementation of the Learning Agenda by developing recommended practices, processes and guidelines for implementing partners;
- Support USAID’s knowledge management needs by developing and maintaining an online knowledge management platform;
- Organize and facilitate regular Learning Events for partners and stakeholders;
- Facilitate coordination between implementing partners and stakeholders by establishing a network for regular communication to foster collaboration and share lessons learned;
- Oversee the development of curricula and training materials and facilitate regular training events on CVE in West Africa.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding and demonstrated experience working with USAID’s Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) strategy;
- Ability to develop, maintain, and utilize relationships with key stakeholders, including: USAID, USG, Grantees, private donors, etc.;
- Demonstrated experience in implementing and/or facilitating use of innovative approaches to learning best practices and design, methodologies, and tools for disseminating and utilizing results of monitoring, research and evaluation for adaptive management;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to keep to a timeline;
- Experience developing and facilitating training and learning events;
- Previous experience working with USAID;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Understanding of CVE and peace promotion programming preferred, particularly in the West Africa region.
- At least 5 years of experience implementing monitoring, evaluation and learning or CLA programming;
- Familiarity with programming development assistance, preferably in the areas of CVE, peace promotion and/or monitoring and evaluation;
- Experience in strategic planning, institutional learning and/or knowledge management;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, including experience preparing high quality reports and presentations;
- Fluency speaking, reading and writing in French.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in public administration, political science, international relations, conflict resolution and peacebuilding or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment with some field work.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Travel to other countries in the West Africa region is required.
To submit an application, please visit our website: https://careers-ibtci.icims.com/jobs/1648/learning-specialist—ghana/job
No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.