The Technical Officer will provide technical assistance in collaboration with MSH Challenge TB (CTB) Nigeria Senior Technical Advisor, TB, Principal Technical Advisor TB MSH, National TB and Leprosy Control programme (NTBLCP) of Nigeria and other stakeholders in accordance with the national TB policy guidelines and International Standards of TB care. S/he will report to MSH-CTB Nigeria Senior Technical Advisor TB.
The Technical Officer, will provide overall technical assistance in collaboration with MSH CTB Nigeria Senior Technical Advisor TB, Principal Technical Advisor TB MSH, National TB and leprosy Control programme(NTBLCP) of Nigeria and other stakeholders to:
- Implement MSH CTB activities in consistent with MSH CTB Nigeria workplan, NTBLCP strategic plan and MSH quality standard under the supervision of MSH CTB Nigeria Senior Technical Advisor, TB .
- Act as a focal person in the MSH CTB Country Office to support intra-facility linkages within CTB supported high volume health facilities(HFs) hence increasing; A)the demand for and utilization of Genexpert machines and B)TB case notification at HFs using Standard Operation Procedure(SOP) tools for the enhancement of TB case detection through coordination with facilities staff, MOH counterparts, donors and health partners.
- Provide technical support to NTBLCP, avail innovative ways for improving TB case detection, program management, information management for the programmatic management of Drug-resistant TB and strengthening supportive supervision including monitoring and evaluation.
- Represent MSH in technical meetings and forum including partner and stakeholders’ meetings
- Liaising with other technical partners such as KNCV, WHO and other partners at national level
- ▪ Foster clear communication about project activities, plans and organizational policies within MSH and between strategic projects and partners
- Model effective leadership and create conducive environment for collaborations with NTBLCP, partners and other stakeholders
- Provide technical expertise to ensure that project activities are carried out within budget and agreed timeframes
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of information and reports to MSH CTB and relevant partners ▪ Work with CTB team in Nigeria on implementing overall MSH Challenge TB work-plan.
- University degree in health sciences, public health or related field from a recognized university. ▪ Minimum of 2 years experience in public health; at least 1 year experience in TB control
- Broad knowledge of principles, practices, methodology, and techniques in public health
- Excellent strategic thinking and planning skills
- Strong analytical skills and experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Knowledge of and experience in training and capacity building
- Demonstrated operating in a management culture built on consensus and results
- Demonstrated intermediate computer skills such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as experienced with project planning applications
- Ability to work effectively and independently in a team-based structure
- Ability to travel up to 40% percent of the time within Nigeria
- Fluency and excellent written and oral communication skills in English
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policy makers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability and affordability of health services. Working with governments, donors, non governmental organizations, the private sector, and health agencies, MSH responds to priority health problems such as HIV & AIDS; tuberculosis; malaria; maternal, newborn and child health; family planning and reproductive health; and chronic non-communicable diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and lung and heart disease. Through strengthening capacity, investing in health systems innovation, building the evidence base, and advocating for sound public health policy, MSH is committed to making a lasting difference in global health.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.
- Application Due Date: 2017-12-14