- Candidate must not be above sixty (60) years of age at the time of taking up the appointment.
- Candidate must possess a minimum of fifteen (15) years post qualification teaching/research experience in an institution of higher learning; and in addition must have held a senior teaching/research and top administrative post in an institution of higher learning as evidence of ability to manage human and material resources.
- Candidate must be of good conduct and character; possess a sense of discipline, dedication, drive and resourcefulness; and be able to command the respect and loyalty of the members of staff and students of the College.
- Candidate must show evidence of good track record in a result-oriented research reaching high national and international status in his/her research achievements, as evident in scholarly publications.
- Candidate must be a Chief Lecturer with at least five (5) years cognate experience.
- He/she must be somebody who is not likely to foster personal,social, ethnic, political, religious,and other sectional interests.
- Candidate must be proficient in ICT packages and capacities.
- Evidence of community service both at local and national levels.
- Candidate must be a man/woman of vision, a goal getter, and one that can produce and execute a strategic plan for the College.
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment is for a period of four (4) years in the first instance, but may be eligible for re-appointment for a second and final term of four (4) years based on satisfactory performance.
- The salary/remunerations are as contained in the Condition of Service for Provosts of Federal Colleges of Education in Nigeria, and may be determined by Government policies from time to time.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send submit twenty (20) copies of their Applications with up-to-date Curriculum Vitae which must include the following:
Full Names, Surname underlined.
Marital Status and Number of Children, indicating the age of each.
Date and Place of Birth, Local Government Area, State or Origin.
Current Post Address and Permanent Home Address.
Educational Institutions Attended with Dates.
Academic and Professional Qualifications and Distinctions with Dates.
Membership of Professional Association/Bodies.
Work Experience in chronological sequence.
Present Employer, Status and Salary
Publications in Standard APA format.
Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees, one of whom must be the Present Employer.
Applications with Photocopies of Credentials and other supporting documents should be addressed and forwarded to:
Federal College of Education (Technical),
Note: Candidates are required to request their referees to send confidential reports on them to the same address as above before the closing date.
Application Deadline: 22nd January, 2018