The purpose of this role is to project a professional, courteous and efficient reception and guest services at all times.
The Key responsibility areas:
- Answering all calls promptly and professionally
- Route and screen all incoming calls
- Taking messages and communication to staff related to incoming calls
- Maintain reception area to always look presentable
- Update employee parking list
- Assist staff with boardroom bookings
- SMS communication to staff on announcements
Guest courtesy services
- Ensure that reception area is covered at all time
- Receive and manage deliveries
- Assist with facilitating cleaners on duties related to boardrooms, catering and guest courtesy services
- New employee welcome
- Travel booking for senior management
- Stock taking of consumables, beverages, stationary, et.
- Update company cell phone list, access tag list, parking bay list
- Credit card receipt/expense claims management for department
- Update supplier list
- Procurement / Ordering stock from preferred suppliers
- Management of specific operational tasks such as complete ownership of milk orders, water orders, plant maintenance, etc. These tasks will be communicated from time to time.
- Participate in facilities management tasks such as attending to maintenance, attending to operational premise emergencies (ie. Burst pipe), etc.
- Act as backup for facilities management in the event that any other facilities team member is not available
- Assist with managing Mantis ticket system
- Preparation and coordination of Friday staff meeting and Friday drinks
- Occupational Health and Safety – assist with updating documents and update equipment registers
- Customer Focus
- Maintain a highly professional appearance
- Maintain a very professional approach and interaction with all internal and external stakeholders at the reception area and on the telephone.
- Professional and Clear Verbal and Written Communication
- Administrative skills
- Ability to propose and implement processes to improve the output of responsibilities
- Attention to detail
Experience and Education:
- Matric certificate
- Minimum 3 years switchboard/reception experience
- Minimum 3 years administrative experience
- Minimum 2 – 3 years Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) experience
- Minimum 1 year facilities management assistance experience would be advantageous
- Pension fund
- Group Life
- Medical Aid
- Free Parking
Preference will be given to candidates who will enhance the diversity of the team and contribute to employment equity within the Company provided that the competencies and minimum requirements for the position have been met.