The Customer Operations Executive (officially known as Customer Operations Trainee) role is a high profile role where you will assist the North Cluster Opex Manager in implementing the Opex strategy of an effortless customer experience in the areas of Customer Operations, Technical Support and Contract management through continuous improvement and project management capability.
The role is aimed to refresh the talent pipeline of the local Operational Excellence organization ensuring continuity of the local operations. The incumbent will develop a broad and detailed understanding of the local businesses and its operational processes within the cluster, enabling progression into other, more senior Opex or customer facing roles.
The role will work very closely with sales, supply chain, operations, technical and customer service teams to ensure delivery of a best in class customer experience, covering order processing, complaints management, invoice accuracy, contracts management, and technical support, measuring customer satisfaction to continuously improve these areas.
This role requires the ability to quickly understand the lubricants business and its sales operations and technical support activities. Furthermore, the incumbent has to develop strong and effective working relationships across the different countries and cultures of the cluster. It is expected to manage multiple projects and activities in general balancing different, competing requirements.
- Support the North Cluster Opex manager in the development, monitoring and management of annual operations plans, including implementing Customer Charter and embedding the Technical Support Strategy as well as the standardisation of the Contract Management Process.
- Own and drive initiatives to standardize, streamline and improve local processes and procedures contributing to the overall customer experience.
- Support and facilitate the Operations Meetings which are held at market level and focused on improving the overall customer experience.
- Identify, scope and implement continuous improvement projects including implementation of new digital applications and tools.
- Become familiar with technical support and sales operations processes and ensure clear understanding of these processes across the organisation.
- Acquire and analyze data from customers interactions, aimed to drive process improvements towards an effortless customer experience.
- Identify technical support needs of customers and identify ways how to improve the technical support offer of Castrol in the local market.
- Act as the Opex tag in cross functional activities and projects with other teams such as Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance, Legal, Tax, GBS, etc, that impact on our ability to provide a high quality service experience to our customers.
- Understand the business trends, customers’ expectations and current & future company strategy across the cluster to define their impact on our operations.
- Engage and collaborate with the Technical Support, Customer Operations and Contract Advisors teams across the cluster and become an active member of the team.
University degree or equivalent (technical or commercial).
Essential experience and job requirements
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
The role is based within the North Cluster, therefore the incumbent can be located from a BP office in the UK, Rotterdam Refinery or BP office in Stockholm.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- An MBA qualification.
- Experience in sales or customer management.
- Experience in engineering or technical support.
- Understanding / background in continuous improvement methodology.
- Experience in implementation of digital applications in customer facing environments.
Yes – up to 25%
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
The Downstream Segment is responsible for the supply and trading, refining, marketing and transportation of crude oil and petroleum products to wholesale and retail customers. We market our products in over 100 countries, operating primarily in Asia, Europe and North America but also in Australia, Africa and Central and South America.