Subsea 7 is a world-leading seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services contractor to the offshore energy industry. We provide cost-effective technical solutions to enable the delivery of complex projects in all water depths and challenging environments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Vacancy Ref: 57091
Business Area: Surf and Conventional
Working Hours: 40 hours per week
Languages in which you may apply: English
- The Senior Accountant reports to the Accounting Manager.
- He/she is vested with the responsibility to assist the Manager/Department in the discharge of his day to day tasks.
- This role shall be executed within the utmost respect of Company’s procedures, Code of Business Conduct and Core Values.
- All personnel are expected to contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to local HSEQ codes and practices.
Specific Key Responsibilities & Activities
- Liaises with banks on all operational banking matters
- Maintain records of cash and bank transactions and verifies such records are maintained in an accurate and timely manner
- Check monthly bank reconciliations and investigates reconciling items
- Day to day control over the company cheque books, cash balances and banking requirements
- Ensures all payments are properly approved and supported by appropriate documentary evidence.
- Assists with the maintenance of accounting records in compliance with local and group regulations in an efficient and effective manner
- Preparation of Annual Statutory Accounts and any required supporting analysis
- Liaise with and providing information to the Group auditors
- Ensure that all transactions are recorded and reported in accordance with statutory and local legal requirements
- Ensure operational day to day as well as long term filing of accounts
- Liaise with internal and external auditors with regards to accounting issues and internal control over Financial Reporting
- Organise, run and monitor the closing process monthly, quarterly and annually, including the collating of any required accounts
- Manage the regular reporting and management information requirements of the designated area of responsibility
- Preparation of monthly variance analysis and explanations of variances between actual results to budget to date and to full year forecasts
- Produce analyses of various performance indicators required by internal management and shareholders
- Provides input to budget and accountable for controlling costs.
- Liaise with Relevant Tax Authorities on day to day operations,
- Ensure consistent compliance with local tax filing requirements
- Prepare the documentation needed during various monitoring exercise.
- Operate within the Code of Conduct
- Operate according to Subsea 7’s Management Principles
- Support standards and procedures for the Finance Function.
Key Relationships/ Stakeholders
- Project Team (Cost Control, contract…)
- Treasury Team
- General Accounts
- A University Graduate (BSc) or HND Graduate in Accounting/Finance with a minimum of 10 years’ cognate experience
- Chartered Accountant with proven management experience
- Highly motivated and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent written & oral communication skills; fluency in English.
- Pro-active and positive to changes and challenges.
- People Management skills.