Subsea 7 is a world-leading seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services contractor to the offshore energy industry. We provide cost-effective technical solutions to enable the delivery of complex projects in all water depths and challenging environments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Tendering Engineer
Vacancy ref: 57103
Business area: Surf and Conventional
Working hours: 40 hours per week
Contract type: Staff
- Reporting to the Tendering Manager, the Senior Tendering Engineer shall be responsible for the overall coordination of the multidisciplinary effort needed to establish Nigerstar 7’s proposals from the pre-qualification phase up to the negotiation phase prior award.
- The position of Tender Engineer will depend from the Sales and Marketing Department within the Africa region tenders for a broad variety of projects from small service contracts to EPCI contracts in the SURF and Conventional markets.
- Depending of the magnitude and complexity of the tender, the Tender Engineer may be autonomously responsible for the proposal or may second a Project Manager/ Director in the role of Commercial Lead.
- Determine the execution plan with the Tender Manager and the actions to be undertaken to achieve the goals of the commercial proposal.
- Define deliverables to be issued by all departments involved in Tender and ensure interfaces (Tendering, Engineering, SCM, Logistic, Operation, Fiscal, Legal and Commercial).
- Propose cost optimisations by modifying execution plan and commercial strategy.
- Ensure adherence to Nigerstar7’s tendering procedures on tenders
- Maintain thorough records throughout the bidding process to ensure traceability and ultimately efficient handover to project teams.
- Prepare internal documents for the endorsement of submissions by Senior Management in particular Nigerstar7’s PSB, DTT, ATT, ATC.
- Tender Project Manager,
- All departments involved in the tender process,
- Partners and clients during negotiation phase.
- The Position is open to various profiles working for a minimum of 10 years in the oil and gas sector and with various professional backgrounds.
- A significant technical experience in Engineering or Operation Departments associated with a first exposure to commercial challenges (Contract/ SCM/ Tendering) would be appreciated.
The successful candidate shall have/be:
- Ability to organize and coordinate team work as well as to promote collaboration within the team.
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal & written).
- A sedulous worker able to deliver under time pressure.
- Willingness to discover the multi-pronged dimension (technology, execution, legal & contract, finance, commercial) of our projects
- Rigorous to ensure adherence to the Tendering procedures.
- Committed to the highest level of confidentiality and staunchness.
- Ability to take an overall view and critical mind.
- Able to work under pressure and be able to meet tight deadlines;
- Rigorous and thorough, to ensure adherence to the tendering procedures;
- Organizational skills with ability to coordinate team work;
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- committed to the highest levels of confidentiality and dedication;
- Experience in sub-sea construction ( shallow and deep)
- Experience in projects, in particular Logistic Supports, Mobilizations, Field Engineering and Fabrication.
- Application Deadline: January 31, 2018