Each year, Helen Keller International offers a limited number of opportunities for interns and volunteers with our offices in Africa and Asia, as well as our New York City Headquarters.
Country Office Internships
Several of our country offices host unpaid* student interns each academic year. These opportunities are primarily for Masters of Public Health students fulfilling practicum requirements for their degree. A Helen Keller International mentor is assigned to each student for the duration of their internship.
In order to ensure a mutually beneficial experience, we give priority to students who are able to travel for a minimum of six months. We will consider hosting students for shorter periods when a suitable project and mentor are available.
To apply, please send a resume and a statement of interest that outlines your career aspirations and geographic preference to firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
*Costs associated with Country Office Internships are the full responsibility of the participating student, including airfare, housing, daily living expenses, etc. Helen Keller International only fulfills costs associated with actual project work.
- Dietary Assessment Intern ( Dhaka, Bangladesh)
- Diabetic Retinopathy Program Intern (Dhaka, Bangladesh)
- Policy Mapping Intern (Dhaka, Bangladesh)
- Project Evaluation Intern- SUCHANA ( Dhaka, Bangladesh)
- SAPLING Intern (Dhaka, Bangladesh)
- Program Evaluation (Asia Regional Office, Phnom Penh, Cambodia)
- ARCH Intern ( Phnom Penh, Cambodia)
- Nutrition and Food Security Intern (Phnom Penh, Cambodia)
- Research Intern (Phnom Penh, Cambodia)
- Monitoring, Evaluation & Research Intern (Yangon, Myanmar)
- Knowledge Management and Learning Intern ( Kathmandu, Nepal)
- Suaahara II Annual Survey Analysis Intern 1 ( Kathmandu, Nepal)
- Suaahara II Annual Survey Analysis Intern 2 ( Kathmandu, Nepal
- Suaahara II Annual Survey Analysis Intern 3 ( Kathmandu, Nepal)
- Nutrition Program Intern (Manila, Philippines)
Helen Keller International’s New York City Headquarters recruits a limited number of part-time interns each fall and winter and full-time interns each summer. These internships provide practical, hands-on experience working in finance, fundraising, communications and office technology, as well as with special research and evaluation projects related to our work in Africa and Asia. Interns also receive access to periodic brown bag lunch presentations by program staff. Our Headquarters interns are paid a modest hourly wage.