The International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) is the world’s largest non-governmental organization working in the field of sexual and reproductive health information and services. It has 6 Regional Offices, (Western Hemisphere based New York, East and South-East Asia and Oceania Region in Bangkok, Arab World Region in Tunis, South Asia Region in Bangkok, European Network in Brussels and the Africa Region in Nairobi, Kenya). The international secretariat is in London, UK.
IPPF ARO is seeking to recruit a Technical SRHR, Resident Advisor, Monitoring and Evaluation.
The role of the Resident Advisor will be two pronged, internal and external related to day-to-day support to IPPF Member Association and effective representation of IPPF in national /sub regional dialogue through building strong partnerships with key stakeholders in country and at sub-regional level
To ensure effective implementation of Health Management Information System in the MA that contributes to enhance its accountability and credibility at sub-national, national and regional levels
• Improve information management system of the MA’s with a focus on research for better data collection, analysis, feedback and evidence-based information aiming to support decision making.
• Oversee the strengthening of monitoring and evaluation systems at MA level.
• Ensure collection, processing and use of service statistics at all levels are to identify key learning from programmes that can be leveraged for decision making.
• Provide expertise, strategic advice and taking the lead in coordinating the design and implementation of researches aiming to generate different evidences and knowledges at MA and ARO levels.
• Keep abreast of strategic issues and trends in research design and implementation practices in the external environment and to provide input into policy review and development of the same as and when such a review is necessary.
• Disseminate IPPF policies, strategies, guidelines and procedures in the sphere of research as well as Monitoring and Evaluation and to monitor adherence to them in the region.
• Support the development and strengthening of the partnerships with research institutes, organizations and universities contributing in effective implementation of all major programmes at ARO and MA levels; coordinate and manage the evaluation of IPPF AR programmes aiming to highlight the impacts that the interventions of IPPF on the life of the most vulnerable clients.
• Development and implementation of successful Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) as well as research system and strengthen the capacity of PPFN Headquarter and Branch staff to that.
• Develop MA’s enabling and partnership strategies and expand the implementation of successful and cost-effective programs focusing on Family Planning in the public sector, private for-profit sector and NGOs
• Ensure the MA strategic plan is aligned with the regional plan and transform MAs programme by implementing the concept of “IPES” with focus on Access to quality SRHR information and services
• Encourage result-based management and performance improvement and ensure continuous increase in service statistics
• Support MAs in improving their administrative and financial procedures focusing on the development of tools and mechanisms to manage IPPF and donor funds.
• Provide oversight and coordination of PPFN restricted projects in the MA and advise PPFN, ARO and other relevant stakeholders on all stages of the project cycle and implementation of the project
• Provide technical support and guidance to PPFN in all stages of a project cycle (project development, project implementation, capacity building, monitoring and evaluation)
• Increasing IPPF visibility and confidence with the Government, development organizations, UN agencies and other stakeholders as a strong partner in the field of SRHR
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
Master’s Degree in Social Sciences / Business Administration/Statistics/Demography and/or Development Studies
• At least eight years’ experience in international development to include experience in Monitoring and Evaluation, Research, Project Management, advocacy, resource mobilization, with three years’ experience at management level.
• Expertise, knowledge and experience in SRHR, humanitarian issues, especially those with impact on children and young girls rights, health and welfare.
· Project evaluation skills
· Strategic and operational management
· Data management and data audit.
· Data base development, collection and analysis
· Data analysis using statistics skills and software
· PowerPoint presentation and/or any software for good presentation
· Excellent and Strong analytical and managerial skills.
· Financial management skills.
· Effective report writing and presentation skills.
· Strong written communication skills.
· Fluency in English is a must.
Interested persons are requested to submit a CV including three referees and cover letter indicating educational background, experience, skills and why you think you are the best candidate for the position to: email@example.com
Competitive remuneration will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
IPPF is an equal opportunity employer. Closing date 14th February 2018
Check the job profiles at www.ippfar.org
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
“Applications are particularly encouraged from candidates openly living with HIV.”
IPPF has been made aware of various fraudulent vacancy announcements circulated via e-mail from websites falsely stating that they are issued by or in association with IPPF. These correspondences, which may seek to obtain money from the recipients of such correspondence are fraudulent and IPPF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).