MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Job Type: Permanent
- To analyze, reconcile and report MTN carrier revenue and direct costs in compliance with policy and accounting standards Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal and external suppliers.
- Sign-off and implement revenue share agreements with value added services providers.
- Manage front-end of interconnect billing system and validate other monthly carrier billing related reconciliations.
- Ensure outstanding reconciling items are followed up, and correct entries are raised where discrepancies occur.
- Define and scope report requirements for carrier finance reporting so as to ensure prompt and accurate reporting; and of other carrier-related revenue.
- Guarantee prompt and accurate update of billing rates on the interconnect billing system so as to manage data quality and data adequacy.
- Analyse and interpret detailed carrier billing system sub-ledger data received Validate and approve input journals prior to GL posting interconnect, international roaming and value added services data.
- Resolve issues pertaining to revenue data adequacy and integrity as well as billing of interconnect partners.
- Manage and report interconnects, roaming and capacity lease debt and ensure adequacy of related doubtful debt provision.
- Oversee the conduct of financial and call data reconciliation with interconnect and value added services partners in the event of disputes.
- Monitor foreign exchange rates and assess impact on MTN’s obligations to international carriers and operators.
- Generate relevant reports on carrier/wholesale trends, revenues, costs, margins, receivables and collections.
- Enforce adherence to MTNN rights (SLAs) by MTNN transmission and signaling service providers.
- Monitor and ensure accuracy of co-location revenue, co-location cost and transmission costs.
- Ensure adherence/ compliance with MTN group’s accounting policies as well as international accounting standards. Identify non-compliance with existing policies, errors in reconciliation statements, collections lapses and advise relevant parties of corrective actions
- Assist team members in overcoming work obstacles
- Plan and conduct meetings with subordinates to ensure team members receive feedback regularly on work done
- Perform objective performance appraisal of subordinates and agree action points
- Coach staff and identify appropriate staff training programmes
- Ensure adequate level training in completing tasks
- Perform career and succession planning for subordinates
- Manage development and well-being of subordinates
- Facilitate effective communication and feedback Enforce compliance to MTN policies, processes and procedures in the context of revenue reporting and reconciliation
- Determine effective pricing of network and carrier services by performing first line strategic management of recurring capital cost recovery
- Design and implement a highly flexible revenue posting and system integration method (New & Re-Engineer current)
- Create effective ways of completing set task promptly and excellently
- Continuous search for innovative ways of improving the reconciliation process and providing prompt reconciliation statements Monitoring emerging technologies and deployment by MTN (e.g. international roaming, ISDN connections etc) to ensure adequacy of reconciliation and reporting in the general ledger
- Identify and investigate proactively, abnormalities in carrier revenue and devise methods of correcting errors without impact on reporting deadlines
- Develop means of forecasting and aligning carrier revenue with overall business plan and advise on best course of action
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours (Mostly month end related)
Experience & Training
- First degree in any related discipline ICAN or International Equivalent (CIMA/CPA).
Experience: Minimum 6 years’ experience which includes:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience in supervising/managing others
- Experience working in a medium to large organization
- Experience in mainstream financial reporting in a multinational organization.
- Experience in enterprise financial systems
- Telecommunications training
- Billing and data management and reconciliation
- Application of international accounting standards Managerial Skills
- BEd, BEng, BSc, BTech or HND
Application Closing Date
20th February, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online