Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
Job Number: 510903 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Africa: Nigeria
Work Type : Fixed Term Staff
And we never give up.
For every child, hope…
UNICEF Nigeria recently scaled up its integrated humanitarian response plan, and is leading humanitarian response in the education, WASH and nutrition sectors in the country, as well as the child protection sub-sector. We are tackling the resurgence of wild poliovirus, and are promoting health care access overall. We are also working on bringing 100 percent access to clean water and sanitation by 2030. We are working with partners on early childhood education initiatives and are supporting the national HIV program. In addition, UNICEF Nigeria is providing support for three critical child protection initiatives.
Join our team and help us make sure every child has a champion.
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of Operations Manager, manage human resource activities including the supervision of human resources staff in the small-medium size country office in accordance with the HR strategy and work plan, aligned with the Country Programme Management Plan as well as the goals and strategic needs of the organization. Provides guidance in human resources that promote a gender-balanced multidisciplinary team of professionals.
Recruitment, Selection and Placement
- A diverse body of staff of the highest calibre are recruited and retained, including staff with specialized talent aligned with the priorities included in MTSP.
- Equity, transparency, efficiency and consistency are established in the placement and selection of staff, and the measurable results and impacts of recruiting efforts on the organization are fully evaluated.
- HR resource management and strategy planning incorporate a continuous analysis of gender disparities to identify strategies and actions to promote gender equality, diversity and a gender sensitive work environment.
Policy Implementation and HR Administration
- Equity, transparency and consistency are clearly demonstrated in the interpretation, determination, implementation, and administration of HR policy, procedures and guidelines on all HR related matters.
- HR benefits, entitlements, job classification, performance management, promotions and contracts renewal and termination are administered in a timely, equitable, systematic and transparent manner.
Capacity Building and Career Development
- Capacity building and career development among all staff are strengthened.
- Capacity development and support opportunities are identified and provided for HR staff, other colleagues, and relevant partners as necessary.
Strategic HR Planning and Management
- HR management and strategy planning are effectively supported by sound technical analysis, and office management and planning processes. Strategy guidance and technical support for HR planning and management is always available to management.
- Local implementation of /regional /country level HR strategy is effectively undertaken in coordination with the Regional Office and HQ Divisions.
- New trends, priorities, requirements, and strategic HR plans are identified and incorporated through participation in Country Programme Strategy Review, Regional Management Team Meetings, and Global workshops, as appropriate.
Management Excellence in the Office
- Management excellence and integrity, gender equality and gender equity are promoted and enhanced through measurable accountability and demonstrated leadership in HR management of the office.
Staff and Management Relations
- Communication between management and staff are clear, and sound relations between management and staff are effectively established and maintained.
Inter-agency cooperation, Networking and Partnerships
- HR initiatives are well-coordinated with other UN and Government agencies, to the betterment of HR planning, cooperation and implementation.
Emergency and Staff Security
- Emergency preparedness and emergency rapid responses are established and ensured. Emergencies affecting staff are promptly and properly investigated and appropriate coordinated actions are swiftly undertaken.
To qualify as a/an [champion or advocate] for every child you will have…
- Education: Advanced university degree or equivalent backgrounds, in Human Resources, Business Administration, International Relations, Social Sciences, Psychology or related areas.
- Experience: Five years of relevant professional HR Management work experience. Developing country work experience (for IP) or field work experience (for NO). Background/familiarity with emergency operations and staff security.
- Language: Fluency in English is required.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The technical competencies required for this post are…
- Analyzing [II]
- Applying Technical Expertise [II]
- Planning and Organizing [II]
- Formulating Strategies and Concept [II]
- Leading and Supervising [II]
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply
* The successful candidate for this emergency recruitment MUST be available to commence work within 31 days of receiving an offer.
* Please note that is a non-family duty station.
Employment is conditional upon receipt of medical clearance, any clearance required, the grant of a visa, and completion of any other pre-employment criteria that UNICEF may establish. Candidates may not be further considered or offers of employment may be withdrawn if these conditions are unlikely to be met before the date for commencement of service
Opening Date Tue Feb 13 2018 09:00:00 GMT+0100 (W. Central Africa Standard Time) W. Central Africa Standard Time
Closing Date Tue Feb 27 2018 23:55:00 GMT+0100 (W. Central Africa Standard Time)