Qualities and Qualifications
The candidate for the post is expected to possess the following academic qualifications and personal qualities:
- Must be a Professor in any of the disciplines offered in the Academy with a minimum of fifteen (15) years of professional and administrative experience, at least five of which must have been gained in an institution of comparable status.
- Must not be more than sixty five (65) years of age at the time of assumption of office.
- Must demonstrate evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership, initiative and creativity in policy formulation, good human relations and positive managerial attributes.
- Must provide evidence of membership of a reputable professional body in Nigeria.
- Must provide evidence of scholarly publications in reputable journals as well as presentation of invited papers at academic conferences, seminars and/or workshops.
- Must be a person with initiative and vision for sustaining the accelerated pace of development of the Academy even under financial and other challenging constraints.
- Must be a scholar and administrator whose sole focus is the growth and development of the institution in a demonstrable manner.
- Must be morally sound, of Impeccable character and free from financial burden.
- Must be proficient In Information & Communication Technology (ICT).
- Must be able to attract research grants and other development facilities to the Academy.
- Must be a fair-minded and dynamic individual with an impeccable reputation.
Terms of Appointment and Conditions of Service
- The appointment is for a single term of five years. The salary is consolidated and the appointee shall enjoy other benefits of office as may be approved from time to time by the Council.
Application Closing Date
22nd March, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications with twenty (20) typewritten copies of their Curriculum Vitae, giving the details in the following order:
Full Name with Surname underlined.
Date and place of Birth
State of Origin/local Government
Nationality & how acquired
Number & ages of children
Current Postal Address including telephone number & Email
Educational Institutions attended with dates
Academic/professional qualifications obtained with dates
Membership of Professional Bodies/Associations
Honours arid Distinctions (If any)
Academic/Scholarly publications (in standard format)
Conferences Attended/Papers presented with dates
Previous Employment(s) and Post(s) held with dates
Present Employment including status and salary, duties and any other experience.
A Statement of his/her own vision for the Academy (20 copies)
Other activities outside current employment
Name and addresses of three (3) Referees (Employer, Educational and Personal) who are to forward confidential reports on them directly to the Registrar, Nigeria Police Academy Wudil, via the address below.
Such referees should be able to attest to the candidates’ claims to high academic and managerial capabilities as well as their notable uprightness. Applicants must be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence (where applicable) and bring the originals of all their credentials if invited for interview.
All applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope and marked “Post of Provost” on the top left hand corner and addressed to:
Nigeria Police Academy Wudil,
Kano Maiduguri Road,
P. M. B. 3474,
P. O. Box 14830,