- A good honours degree with at least Second Class in social science or humanities from a recognized university.
- Be proficient in IT and must be current in deploying it at the level required for efficient job performance.
- Be a member of at least one relevant professional body e.g. NIM, IPMN. ANUPA. Possession of higher degree in relevant area would an added advantage.
- Candidate must have at least 15 years post-qualification experience in management, 10 of which must be in university/other recognized tertiary institutions.
- The applicant should have been at the level of Deputy Registrar in a recognized university/tertiary institution for a minimum of five (5) years. Being a former Registrar is an added advantage.
- Candidate must not be older than 60 years at the time of assumption of duty.
- The applicant should be of good health, sound judgment, pleasant disposition and unassailable integrity.
Tenure and Conditions of Service
- The appointment is for a single term of Five (5 years only; Salary and other conditions of service shall be as approved for the Registrars of Federal universities by the Federal Government of Nigeria and as may be modified from time to time by competent authorities.
Application Closing Date
22nd March, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications with twenty (20) typewritten copies of their Curriculum Vitae, giving the details in the following order:
Full Name with Surname underlined.
Date and place of Birth
State of Origin/local Government
Nationality & how acquired
Number & ages of children
Current Postal Address including telephone number & Email
Educational Institutions attended with dates
Academic/professional qualifications obtained with dates
Membership of Professional Bodies/Associations
Honours arid Distinctions (If any)
Academic/Scholarly publications (in standard format)
Conferences Attended/Papers presented with dates
Previous Employment(s) and Post(s) held with dates
Present Employment including status and salary, duties and any other experience.
A Statement of his/her own vision for the Academy (20 copies)
Other activities outside current employment
Name and addresses of three (3) Referees (Employer, Educational and Personal) who are to forward confidential reports on them directly to the Registrar, Nigeria Police Academy Wudil, via the address below.
Such referees should be able to attest to the candidates’ claims to high academic and managerial capabilities as well as their notable uprightness. Applicants must be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence (where applicable) and bring the originals of all their credentials if invited for interview.
All applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope and marked “Post of Provost” on the top left hand corner and addressed to:
Nigeria Police Academy Wudil,
Kano Maiduguri Road,
P. M. B. 3474,
P. O. Box 14830,
- Application Deadline: March 22, 2018