British Council Nigeria is looking for an individual with proven security experience to contribute to the achievement of the British Council objectives by providing high quality, efficient and integrated security risk management in line with the British Council (BC) Nigeria Security Risk Management function and to assist in the delivery of facilities support to enable British Council Nigeria operations.
The post holder will be based in Port Harcourt or Kano and is part of a larger team of Business Support Services. This position will report to the Head of Security, Nigeria.
· To provide security oversight and to assist in the coordination of Facilities Management activities in the Port Harcourt or Kano office. These are predominantly security management, health safety compliance transport management.
· To assist Strategic Business Units in the delivery of events for all British Council Nigeria activities within the area covered. This will involve transport management, event management, venue hire, and liaising with contractors along with the business and program teams.
· To act as a liaison with the Nigerian law enforcement, military and security service providers across Southern/Northern Nigeria as the case may be.
If this is of interest, please read below:
Deputy Security Manager, Port Harcourt or Kano
We are looking for someone that can:
· Provide sound, accurate and reliable security updates to colleagues and act as local Point of Contact (POC) on security matters for staff operating in the area.
· Work independently
· Communicate and is capable of situations with possible security implications
· A minimum of 5 years of proven security experience within the security industry, corporate sector, public sector.
For more information, please refer to the following documentation:
Note to Applicants
As part of the recruitment exercise, shortlisted candidates will undergo APTIS test (test of English) and Work Based test in Lagos, Abuja, Kano and Port Harcourt only.
Short-listing is carried out against the essential knowledge, skills, qualifications experience as specified in the Role Profile which accompanies this. Where required, desirable skills can also be used.
If you are interested and feel that you have the relevant skills, knowledge experience, then we would really like to hear from you.
Please apply by 9th April 2018 (23:59 UK TIME)
Note that you should only fill out the application after thoroughly reading through the ROLE PROFILE & GUIDANCE NOTES. There’s some important information you don’t want to miss.
The British Council is the UK’s international for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work in over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face to face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications.
Our Equality Commitment:
Valuing diversity is essential to the British Council’s work. We aim to abide by and promote equality legislation by following both the letter and the spirit of it to avoid unjustified discrimination, discrimination as a barrier to equality of opportunity, inclusion and human rights. All staff worldwide are required to ensure is consistent with our policies.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and is keen to reflect the diversity of our society at every level within the. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. In line with the British Council’s Child Protection policy, any appointment is contingent on thorough checks.