CIFA is an International NGO with more than 30 years of experience in protecting the rights of the most vulnerable children. Working in Ethiopia for more than 10 years, CIFA is there focusing on migration and environmental protection, also encouraging access to primary and secondary education for girls and young women.
CIFA is looking for a Project Manager for CIFA’s component of the project “Linking and Upscaling for Employment”, financed by the European Union Emergency Trust Fund for Africa in the framework of the program “Stemming Irregular Migration in Northern and Central Ethiopia (SINCE)”.
Realized by a consortium of INGOs, the project will have a duration of 24 months and aims at contrasting irregular migration in Ethiopia. Specific objectives of the project are:
a) facilitating the access of youth, women and returnees to high quality professional training and creating work opportunities in the Amhara region, also through the strengthening of public-private partnerships;
b) strengthening value chains and the growth of Amhara’s industrial districts, in order to provide decent and gender inclusive work opportunities.
CIFA’s main activities are: coordination of the selection of beneficiaries for training activities, support to local authorities for the creation of public employment services, strengthen the public-private partnerships and the coordination of active employment policies in the project’s target area (North Wollo, South Wollo, Oromia Special Zone), also implementing a gender based approach.
Open position: Project Manager
Vacancy code: EE07/SINCE2
Destination country: Ethiopia
Working location: Dessie, South Wollo Zone, Amhara Region, Ethiopia
Application closing date: 22nd of March, 2018
Starting date: Immediately
Job description and objectives:
- Coordinating and monitoring CIFA’s activities for the SINCE project, ensuring the achievement of the foreseen results;
- Assuring constant reporting of activities’ implementation to the leading organization (Edukans Foundation), respecting the fixed deadlines and submitting monthly project reports (both narrative and financial ones);
- Strengthening CIFA’s strategic position in the country, establishing positive relations with donors, public authorities and other private national and international social organizations active in CIFA’s strategic sectors.
In particular, the figure will be responsible for:
· Coordinating CIFA’s project activities, in collaboration with the leading agency, partners, beneficiaries and all the other stakeholders;
· Ensuring compliance with EU rules and regulation during the implementation of the project;
· Selecting and coordinating CIFA’s local staff;
· Overseeing local procurement of goods and services;
· Assuring activities’ implementation according to donor’s prescriptions, ensuring the sustainability of the project and following criteria of good performance;
· Supervising the administrative management of the project;
· Monitoring CIFA’s partner as well as the operative and financial components of the project;
· Drafting narrative and financial reports (intermediate and final), complying with the guidelines set by the donor and the leading agency;
· Providing visibility and communication materials, in collaboration with CIFA’s HQ staff;
· Overseeing the implementation of visibility actions foreseen by the project, assuring the compliance with donor’s guidelines (UE);
· Maintaining relations with donors and participating actively to the different coordination systems present in the field;
· Where necessary, accompanying official delegations of donors, journalists and/or institutional stakeholders;
· Identifying and elaborating project proposals based on requests and propositions coming from local partners (needs assessment, stakeholder analysis, fast assessment), and providing the HQ Desk Officer with all the necessary elements for future project proposals for institutional public and private donors.
◦ University degree in Economics, Political Science or Law (required);
◦ Post graduate degree in Economics or similar (preferred);
◦ At least 5 years experience in similar positions (required);
◦ Proven experience in managing EU funded project (required);
◦ Previous experience in countering irregular migration, cluster development, employment support schemes, vocational trainings, value chain development, strengthening of public-private partnerships (strongly preferred);
◦ Previous experience on women empowerment (preferred);
◦ Previous experience in Ethiopia (preferred);
◦ Proficiency in English (required);
◦ Excellent knowledge of Project Cycle Management and related tools (required);
◦ Knowledge of MEAL tools and methods (preferred);
◦ Experience in writing project proposals and reports for the Italian Agency for Cooperation and Development (AICS) and for the European Union (preferred);
◦ Good leadership, outstanding organizational skills; ability to effectively coordinate with local and international public and private partners; ability to work well in multicultural teams; ability to work well without supervision; stress resistance; flexibility; patiente (required);
◦ Very good working knowledge of MS Office, including MS Access (required).
Contract length: 24 months (the first contract will be stipulated for 12 months, renewable).
Remuneration: 3.200 – 3.400 € gross, depending on experience. No family benefits are foreseen.
Candidatures will be considered on rolling basis, therefore early applications are encouraged. CIFA reserves the right to close the vacancy before the stated closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please, send an email to: email@example.com, with the subject EE07/SINCE2, containing a cover letter (max. 1 page long) highlighting how you meet the requirements and a Curriculum Vitae (max. 3 pages long). At least two recent and verifiable references are mandatory, and their contacts shall be stated in the application. Applications not meeting the requirements will not be considered. PLEASE REFRAIN FROM APPLYING IF NOT HOLDING THE ABOVE MENTIONED SKILLS AND COMPETENCES.