Are you looking to build a long-term career in Accountancy? Then look no further! Start your career today with a level 7 accountancy apprenticeship with WaterAid and Kaplan. You will be gaining valuable workplace experience whilst working towards the CIMA qualification.
You will be part of the UK Finance team in the London Office and will be expected to commit to completing your qualification with us and in return, you can expect us to support you in achieving that.
The programme requires the post holder to diligently undertake the apprenticeship training programme as set out in the WaterAid apprenticeship agreement and the agreement with the Finance Training Provider (in line with a 3 year fixed term contract). This will enable the apprentice to understand and assist in the operation of an effective finance function by carrying out tasks in an accurate and timely manner, in line with policies and procedures.
In line with the learning and training programme, additional responsibilities include:
- To complete tasks to ensure information within the accounting system is complete and accurate.
- To perform tasks in accordance with the organisation’s UK finance policies and procedures in order to maintain a strong system of internal control.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships across the finance team and other stakeholders to ensure an integrated approach, mutual learning and effective use of resources.
- Degree level education, and grade B or above in GCSE Maths and English or equivalent; with previous experience of studying accountancy at GSCE, AS or A Level being desirable
- Advanced Excel.
- Strong task and time management and self discipline, with the ability to work methodically, accurately, and within tight deadlines, whilst dealing with interruptions effectively.
- Good verbal/interpersonal skills: friendly, approachable, inquisitive; able to interact confidently with people across all levels of the organisation
You’ll share a commitment to our vision, have an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges. In return, you can expect inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also have the chance to grow and space to be yourself at your best
First interviews will take place week commencing 21 May 2018. The vacancy will close one minute to midnight on the closing date specified.
Please note: in order to apply for this position you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.