The scope of our work covers the full spectrum of financial risks such as credit risk, market risk, operational risk and liquidity risk; economic capital, capital management, stress testing, risk modeling and validation; regulatory compliance issues; and internal liquidity adequacy assessment process. There is a particular emphasis currently on the implementation of Basel II/III and other current local and international regulatory and risk management initiatives.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Building and maintaining value – adding client relationships.
• Selling, developing and leading consulting projects for clients in Financial Services Risk & Regulations.
• Advising our financial services clients on their financial risk models, policies and governance.
• Supporting clients in the implementation of their Enterprise-wide Risk Management Frameworks.
• Identifying business opportunities within existing and/or potential clients.
• Participating in business development and contributing to harness the business opportunities into successful wins.
• Contributing to knowledge sharing and development within the Risk consulting team.
• Provide inputs and drive initiatives for the development of thought leadership in financial risk and regulations.
• Ensuring effective monitoring of multiple risk management projects with tight reporting deadlines.
• Developing and validating models to meet clients’ objectives and expectations.
• Delivering projects in various risk management areas and adding value to new and existing clients.
• Acting as a subject matter expert (SME), advising and supporting our financial services clients with regard to risk management and regulatory compliance.
• Participating actively in conferences and other events to support business development initiatives and meet prospective clients.
• Managing/overseeing project teams, identifying development needs within the teams, and building competence through mentoring, coaching and knowledge transfer.
Experience & Qualification
• A good University Degree with a minimum of Second Class division.
• Completed Master’s degree, preferably in Econometrics, Mathematics or other quantitative areas of study.
• At least 6 years’ work experience in the financial services industry, preferably in a major bank, consultancy firm or regulatory agency.
• Expertise and hands-on experience in at least one of FRM’s core areas, e.g. Basel II/III, credit risk, market risk, operational risk,
• Excellent analytical skills
• Motivated and committed
• Strong project management and coordination skills.
• Client service-oriented and accustomed to taking a proactive approach.
• A recognised professional certification such as FRM/CFA will be an added advantage.
• Deep content knowledge in credit, operational, market and liquidity risk management.
• Expertise in Basel II/III & Solvency II derived principally from Basel II/Solvency II implementation project experience.
• Strong technology and model building skills with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Pro-active and entrepreneurial spirit, in combination with strong team work ethics.
• Ability to build strong, long-term relationships with key client contacts across lines of service and work closely with C-suite executives.
• Ability to leverage resources within the PwC network, and collaborate with strategic third parties to develop and implement new and existing market propositions across our services industry.
• Ability to develop people through effective mentoring and coaching of team members.
• Flexibility to support other service areas beyond your core areas of competence.