GBLCAREERS ON THE YOU WIN PROGRAMME OF FEDERAL GOVERNMENT The YOU WIN Programme which is for both existing and new entre-
preneurs initiated by the federal government has witnessed two
postponements to its deadlines for the submission of application.
It may be as a result poor response by Nigerians or
Magnanimity on the part of the federal government to accommodate
more people in the programme.
Perhaps some Nigerians are sceptical about this programme becau-
se of the Nigerian factor.Some fear that they may come up with
good proposals only for them to be implemented by those highly
connected as they will sell out such ideas to their relations
CHALLENGES TO THIS PROGRAMME As laudable as this programme may be, GBLCAREERS beleive the
programme faces a very big challenge because of lack of basic
infrastructure that will carry it, basically in the area of
POWER(Electricity) AND TRANSPORT SYSTEM.
Federal government in the time past did come up with similar
programm like National Directorate of Employment(NDE), National
Poverty Eradication Programm(NAPEP) Directorate for Foods,Roads
and Rurual Infrastructure (DFRRI) all aimed at achieving certain
level of social security and job creation but today most Nigerian
s can tell the success story or otherwise of these programmes.
It is only in this country that castles are built in the air,so
many white elephants every where. GBLCAREERS is of the opinion
that it would amount to waste of public funds if the basic
infrastructures are not put in place before the take off of this
THE WAY FORWARD Number one is POWER then EFFICIENT TRANSPORT SYSTEM and railway
should be the driving force here. The pressure mounted on our
roads which has lead to loss of both lives and goods of
Nigerians cannot be quantified .To reduce the pressure/carnage on
the road, efficient rail transport is the answer, the good work of
dregging of the River Niger is a welcome development as it will
assist to compliment the rail system in the movement of goods and
services thereby reducing the carnage on our roads and as well
the cost of frequent road repairs on government. What is happening
in the aviation sector is a welcome development and state
governments who have no airports in their state capitals should
start to look into that direction.
SOLUTION TO MASSIVE UNEMPLOYMENT IN THE COUNTRY. It is true that no government in the world can employ all its
citizenry directly but it is the duty of the government to create
the enabling environment for businesses to thrive which in turn
In this regard GBLCAREERS suggest that the teaching of
Entrepreneurship courses in our Higher Institutions of Learning
should be aggressively pursued.
- Federal government should work out modalities with existing banks
in Nigeria whereby a graduate who is interested in going into any
genuine and meaning business will receive a loan with his/her certificate
as collateral .
- The Loan should have a moratorium of 6-12 months before repayment
can start to allow for the gestation period depending on the nature
- of the business.
- The bank that will give out this loan must have known this graduate as its customer for a period not less than three years The period of repayment for this loan should be between two-three years
depending on the nature of business.
- The certificate(s) as collateral for the loan should include NYSC discharge certificate or exemption certificate where applicable.
- The school where the student attended should also be
communicated to ascertain the genuineness of the certificate
to avoid another BUHARIGATE saga witnessed in the National
Assembly some years back.
GBLCAREERS believes that if this package is implimented, it will
go a long way to reducing youth unemployment in this country.
Ngozi Okonjo-Iwella and her team should urgently prove to
Nigerians that it is not just TALK TALK but ACTION ACTION.
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
SECOND STAGE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS!
The list of Successful Applicants for the Second Stage of the YouWIN Project is now Available. The link is as below.
Click here for a list of SECOND STAGE successful applicants (pdf)
Click here for the Training Location (pdf)
Please take note of the following:
1. You are required to be at the training venue by 7:30am on day 1 to commence registration and verification of your government-issued identification. On other days, please report to the training venue at 8:30am.
2. You MUST bring a valid government-issued ID for admittance into the training. No candidate will be allowed to participate in the training without valid identification.
Only Candidates who attend training and complete verification process will be allowed to proceed.
- Fri Nov 25 First stage business concept submission closes. No entries accepted after this date
- Sat Dec 3 Notification of second stage candidates and invitation for zonal training will will be on a rolling basis as entries are received and evaluated, and completed
- Tue Dec 6 Training for the first batch of second stage candidates starts
- Sat Dec 31Submission of second stage business plan entries closes
- Thurs Jan 26 Notification of winners will be completed