MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 37 countries worldwide.
The core responsibility of this post is to use your:
￭ initiative ￭ energy ￭ persistence ￭ results orientation
￭ drive ￭ integrity ￭ enthusiasm ￭ commitment to personal development
To further MSI’s partnership mission: enabling individuals to have children by choice, not chance.
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Number Required: 1
Duration of contract: 2 years
Probationary period: 6 months
This position exists to provide support to the Procurement Coordinator in processing request, follow-up of RFQ and also as an expediter for pending deliveries. The Procurement Officer will be responsible for managing and updating the procurement tracker, sending out of bidding documents, receiving and evaluating quotations and providing administrative support for the Unit.
Also, the officer will be supporting procurement projects across all units, providing procurement advice to staff, start the process of updating vendor register and work in collaboration with Corporate Services to have long term agreement with Hotels and Traveling agencies.
The roles and responsibilities apply to the procurement functions of; Support, Sourcing, analyzing and Contracting management, Supplier Performance, Knowledge Management, expediter and internal customer Relationship Management.
The specific roles and responsibilities will be to execute the procurement duties below in line with MSION Procurement Guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures and other relevant policies and procedures;
- Procurement Forecasting & Planning
· Support and participate in the preparation of the MSION Procurement Plan and subsequent updates of the Plan
· Update the procurement tracker and submit monthly report
- Liaison, Coordination & Technical Support
· Communicating with suppliers, contractors, and MSION staff regarding purchase requisitions, specifications, bids, contracts, orders, and related matters..
· Supporting and providing technical guidance to Programs and Departments in drafting specifications, establishing price estimates and other procurement technical aspects.
· Managing expectations of Users in line with applicable procedures and processes applicable.
- Sourcing, Evaluations & Negotiations
· Participate in the Prequalification of MSION Approved Suppliers in line with MSION Procurement Guidelines.
· Making recommendations to H/PILAM to updating the MSION Approved Supply List.
· Ensuring that the Approved Supply List and Data Base is up to date.
· Ensuring that an up to date price List of Frequently procured items is maintained.
· Participate in cross-functional project teams assigned to develop or evaluate contracts or proposals.
· Apply proper descriptive terminology or specifications to requisitions for commodities and services; apply independent judgment and technical knowledge to analyzing bids, making awards, examining merchandise quality, and comparing specifications and prices of competitive items
· Assist in the development a variety of purchasing-related documents including contract terms, conditions, specifications, and contractual agreements.
· Secures price quotations and prepares terms, conditions, and/or specifications for prospective purchases.
· Making recommendations of the appropriate evaluation methodology and criteria procurements.
· Conduct and participate in the evaluation of proposals, bids, and quotations.
· Preparing evaluation reports and bid analysis and recommendations of award of contract.
- Contracting & Contract Management
· Preparing Purchase Orders with the Use of Tally System.
· Drafting, editing, reviewing, and interpreting contract terms, conditions, and specifications;
· Recommending negotiations and contract award for supplies.
· Ensuring the Supplier Performance reports are obtained per procurement transaction from Users/Programs.
· Examining, inspecting, and comparing the quality of merchandise and/or services purchased or to be purchased, to ensure that they meet the MSION requirements.
· Ensuring that the procurement transactions due for payment are complete and submitted to Finance for action.
· Manage the vendor appraisal and quality report
- Reporting & Knowledge Management
· Preparing the Updated Monthly Procurement Plan and Monthly Procurement Reports.
· Ensuring that the appropriate Procurement Reference Numbers are assigned to every procurement transaction.
· Ensure a complete audit trail for all procurement process documentation.
· Liaise with Regional Officers on the submission of Monthly Procurement reports.
· Maintaining an up to date Procurement, Contract Risk & Register.
· Maintaining an up to date Supplier list with key supplier details; Supplier Admin & Bid Logs.
- Supervisory & People Management
· Supervises subordinate-level employees including: planning, organizing, and assigning the day-to-day workload; employee training and development; completing performance evaluations; and maintaining adequate staffing levels.
· Prioritizes own work and assists coworkers, vendors, and others with questions related to purchasing policies and procedures.
· At all times, maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders interacting with P&L Functions.
· Ability to work with less supervision.
· Any Other Duties assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Essential: Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Procurement & Stores Management, Commerce, or Business Administration.
- Essential: A professional Qualification in Procurement or at least current status should be Level 4 of the Professional Qualification -CIPS, or its equivalent
- Essential: Fluency in English (Written, Spoken and Reading)
· Proven excellent technical oral, written, and editing abilities
· Ability to present and write for multiple audiences
· Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Ability to work well with others in team environments
· Must be able to satisfy stakeholders
· Should be able to work in deadline driven/results orientated atmospheres
· Strong people management skills
· Strategic guidance and planning skills
· Report writing
· Motivated personally and professionally to develop
· Willingness to travel as requested
Interested candidates should apply by email with CV and suitability statement as a single attachment to [email protected] not later than Friday, 17th March 2017. MSION is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
The subject of the email should be the POSITION TITLE/LOCATION and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the applicant’s full name. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: Shortlisting will start as soon as we start receiving applications and deadline might be changed without prior notice.