Asmae’s action aims to support vulnerable children and their families through providing tailor-made and long lasting support to local stakeholders working on child education and protection.
Its vision, “A fair world which guarantees that children can live and grow with dignity within their environment, to become free women and men who contribute to society”, is broken down into four missions:
o Stimulate child development through a global approach. To do this, Asmae also works on family support by taking their environment into account;
o Build the capacity of local stakeholders involved in child development, boost cooperation amongst them and maximize their social impact;
o Stand up for children by raising awareness and advocating;
o Experiment, disseminate and share practices.
Asmae supports education and protection projects through 53 local organizations in Burkina-Faso, Egypt, France, India, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali and Philippines. Furthermore, in France, Asmae also directly manages a mother and childcare center.
• Asmae in Egypt background:
Asmae is registered under the Ministry of Solidarity since May 2015 under the number 105/5015. Asmae promotes child education and care within two areas of intervention: the prevention of school drop-out and underperformance and the support to children with disabilities. Asmae is currently supporting eight Egyptian associations working in informal areas of Greater Cairo, in Alexandria and Arment (Luxor governorate). Asmae Egypt’ team is based in Cairo with one Country Representative, one Finance and Administration Officer and one National Office Assistant.
Under the supervision of the country representative, the translator / interpreter is responsible for translating and interpreting all Arabic (Egyptian) / English / Arabic (Egyptian) documents produced by Asmae and its partners. He/she is the official Interpreter of Asmae in meetings, workshops, trainings, visits with external partners. Through his behavior, he/she represents the values of Asmae
3.1. Interpretation/Translation of documents produced by Asmae and its partners:
• Translates documents at the Country Representative request
• Translates documents at the Head Office request
• Translates documents produced by partners for Asmae
• Translates documents related to Asmae’s activities in compliance with the originals contents and form
• Translates discussions between Asmae members and its interlocutors
• Ensures that the recipients correctly understand messages transmitted by the members of Asmae
3.2. Interpretation/Translation for Asmae expatriate staff during trainings, network meetings, workshops, meetings and visits:
• Translates documents from English/Arabic (Egyptian) to Arabic (Egyptian)/English at the Technical Advisers request
• Interprets activities and trainings according to the Technical Advisers program
• On request and if needed, provides language training to Asmae’s staff
3.3. Contribution to network events organization:
• Helps in preparation of materials needed by Asmae’s team
• Supports if needed.
3.4. Reporting and communication:
• Respects confidentiality of information and ensures to not express his/her personal opinion
• Reports to his/her direct manager any problem related to the position and the daily organization
3.5. Participation to the national office activities:
• Participates in team meetings
• Participates actively in seminars and meetings locally organized
• Reports experienced or anticipated security issues and plays a role of alert
Asmae reserves the right to amend or modify this job description.
4. POSITION’S REQUIREMENTS
• University degree(s) in Language (English, Arabic)
• Certificate in Translation/Interpretation
• Three to five years of experience in translation/interpretation
• Experience working with international organizations (INGOs, Embassies, UN Agencies, International Schools)
• Excellent communication skills (spoken and written)
• Familiar with Office Pack
• Good Understanding of multicultural context challenges
• Reliability and exactitude,
• Patience, diplomacy and sense of listening,
• Ability to adapt to persons and contexts,
• Ability to work with various professional profiles,
• Ability to work under pressure.
5. WORKING CONDITIONS
Duration: 24 months (renewable)
Starting date: ASAP
Monthly net salary: between 8.000,00 egp and 8.800,00 EGP net monthly
Contract: Egyptian Labor code employment contract
The position is based in Cairo.
The position requires frequent travels inside Greater Cairo and Upper Egypt.
The office languages are English and Arabic.
Candidates should send a detailed resume outlining their academic and professional background relevant to the proposed position, as well as a cover letter, showing the persons motivation and expertise, via our web site: HERE and fill our online application form