Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike. Creative Associates International has been working in Nigeria for more than a decade to support education programs in the north. Creative Associates International is partnering with the International Rescue Committee (IRC) on this project.
Project Summary: The North East Nigeria Transition to Development program (NENTAD) aims to deliver an effective response to the basic needs of vulnerable people impacted by the crisis in the north east of Nigeria. The Education in Emergencies component of NENTAD will focus on addressing immediate needs by providing education support to conflict affected children and adolescents, while contributing to the learning on what is needed to support early recovery and transition to development. In order to achieve this output, we will support up to two projects that include well-targeted, innovative, and results-oriented activities.
Position Summary: The Partnerships Manager will be responsible for providing managerial, administrative and technical support to all local partners. The Partnerships Manager is responsible for identifying and overseeing local partners to facilitate professional capacity building trainings, manage partner expectations for meetings, financial and narrative reporting, project implementation, ensure effective communication, and increase collaboration between local partners and local government and communities. The position requires experience working with local partners to build capacity, improve collaboration with local government and personnel management on large education projects, and knowledge of grant making procedures, preferably on DFID projects.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position is housed in IRC’s Yobe office and reports to the State Team Leader.
- Lead management of local partner organizations:
- Identification of new local partners (as needed)
- Design and lead capacity building training
- Review and strengthen local partner capacity to implement projects, manage funds, and write reports
- Manage sub-agreements with local partners;
· Increase collaboration amongst local partners to increase sharing of best practices;
- Ensure technical coordination of state-level activities;
- Work closely with Education Officers to manage support for local partners as needed to ensure the smooth implementation of project activities across technical areas;
- Ensure the timely production, coordination, and reporting of local partners;
- Increase coordination between local partners and local government officials to support education;
- Lead the reviews of any grant submissions;
- Analyze and evaluate grant submissions for technical and budget soundness and compliance with donor regulations;
- Coordinating the issuance of awards and maintain grant documentation through the development and up-keep of a small grants database; and
- Preparing scheduled and special reports, studies and analyses on the grants program.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in education, management, financial analysis or accounting desirable; Master’s degree preferred;
- At least five years of experience managing sub-grants in the international development sector, with at least two years of experience working with local partners;
- Solid understanding of donor regulations (i.e. USAID, Department of State, World Bank, DFID, etc.) and procedures pertaining to grants management – DFID regulations preferred;
- Ability to analyze budget line items for compliance with budget guidelines;
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex tasks and prioritize multiple projects;
- The candidate must demonstrate relevant technical experience working on activities that are of a similar scope to this activity;
- Ability to manage grants with local partners, providing technical support to build their professional skills, and establishing strong relationships with local governments to facilitate better collaboration;
- Must be professionally proficient and fluent in written and spoken English, Kanuri a plus but not required; and
- Must be computer literate.
Please send your resume/CV with the subject line “Partnerships Manager” to CreativeNigeriaRecruitment@gmail.com
Closing date: 27 Jan 2018