MTN Nigeria,Join MTN Nigeria if you want to be part of a company that leads the delivery of a bold new digital world to its customers.
At MTN Nigeria, our people are our most critical competitive asset. We employ only the very best and invest in your growth and development.
If you are passionate about working for a brand that believes in the difference that people make and in delivering value to our customers, MTN Nigeria is the place for you.
Please take that bold step and apply for a suitable vacancy.
We’ll be delighted to welcome you to MTN Nigeria … a great place to work!
Senior Specialist, Cyber Security
• The role supports and continually improve the Enterprise Cyber security posture, provide technical expertise on all MTNN Enterprise wide Security related issues
• Lead investigations and proactively assist Senior Management in defining strategies to protect MTNN’s data from attack.
• Safeguard the organization by predicting, detecting, preventing and mitigating information security threats to MTNN
• Ensure cybersecurity stays on the organizational radar by ensuring that the ROI is realized.
• Support cybersecurity initiatives in conjunction with Group Cybersecurity team.
• Design and implement security controls to safeguard and monitor events for information systems, enterprise applications and data.
• Support the implementation of Information Security projects
• Drive internal and external vulnerability assessment, penetration tests engagements and support remediation efforts
• Respond to escalated security events and drive security incident response processes to ensure timely resolution with minimal disruption.
• Support the design and deployment of secure infrastructure solutions to enhance and evolve the security posture of the business, ensuring integrity, availability and confidentiality of all critical enterprise data.
• Lead quarterly Red team & Blue team exercise to improve enterprise security.
• Provide expertise on security tools, including but not limited to firewalls, Web Application firewalls, IDS/IDP, anti-malware software
• Collaborate with the relevant teams to ensure that technical implementation plans are practical and implementations are managed to minimize risks and adverse impact to servers, workstations and user productivity.
• Implement the infrastructure, configurations and processes to monitor security related events
• Ensure all security system documentation is up to date
• Support Business Risk Management in security related investigations
• Drive the planning and action remedies required to prevent exposures to information security related threats
• Perform security incident response and management
• Develop projects’ key objectives, scope, success criteria and communicates them effectively to the project team and key stakeholders
• Drive the acceptance and adoption of Insider Threat Program by closely working with legal, HR, compliance etc.
• Collaborate with other security specialists across other OpCo’s as well as the Group Cybersecurity Team
• Interface with relevant Support Teams to resolve security vulnerabilities within the Enterprise systems and Applications
• Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
• Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
• Drive Knowledge Management and Best Practice Sharing within own Unit/Department/Division/Enterprise-wide as required
job condition • Normal MTNN working conditions
• May be required to work extended hours
• Open plan office
Experience & Training Experience:
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of Security specialisation; with experience working with others
• Experience working in a Large organization and preferably in the Telecommunications industry
• Strong background as an Engineer/Architect in application security infrastructure and various network technologies to include devices such as firewalls, VPN, intrusion/extrusion detection, vulnerability & risk assessment tools, encryption technologies, virus/worm/malware prevention, E-business and web application technologies, Data Loss Prevention, whole disk & device encryption solutions, two-factor authentication, common Windows (desktop & server) platforms,
• Experience with Microsoft, Solaris, Unix, Oracle and MS SQL
• Experience working in telecommunications industry
• Managing network and / or network security
• Knowledge should be current with information security best practices and global trends
• Knowledge of security best practices such as; defense in-depth, least privileges, need-to-know, separation of duties, access controls, encryption
• User account identity, authorization and authentication management.
• Security incident and event management
• Experience in researching new or emerging technologies and processes that may be incorporated as solutions to reoccurring security concern
• Penetration Testing
• Vulnerability lifecycle management
• Security Incidence Reponse
• Systems Auditing,, Database Security, Firewall Design, Intrusion detection, system administration Implementation
• Security enforcement on systems level, security audit and vulnerability management
• Telecommunications, Network, wireless & Internet Security
Minimum qualification BEng or BTech