UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
- Purpose of the Consultancy
The purpose of this consultancy is to provide technical support in the review, adaptation, development and translation of early stimulation and communication training materials; build capacity of LGA level health workers (11) and community volunteers (70) in early stimulation and communication using the Care for Child Development (CCD) package. The CCD promotes physical, cognitive, social and emotional development of children in the early years, with focus on the first 1,000 days. The consultancy will in addition, provide monitoring and mentoring support to LGA facilitators, health workers and community volunteers. Two national consultants will be hired to work as a team on the tasks outlined. They will work individually in some cases and as needed within the LGA and in close collaboration with field office Education Specialist. These consultants will serve as the lead trainers and mentors for all communication and stimulation related trainings at the LGA level, with technical oversight, on-going mentoring and capacity building provided to same by the International ECD consultant.
- Reviewed, adapted and finalized CCD training manual and trainees materials
- Revised counselling cards with illustrations
- Initial training and refresher training reports of health workers and community volunteers
- Monitoring and mentoring (monthly touch base) reports.
*When there are some overlaps in deliverables, the consultants will work jointly to finalize the deliverables with the best possible quality, in additional level of effort as per days allocated to each activity can be adjusted across activities, increased or reduced provided it does not exceed the number of days. Timelines may change depending on implementation realities of the INP plus project.
- Qualifications or specialized knowledge/experience required
- Masters degree in Early Childhood Care and Education, Education or any other social sciences.
- At least 8 years of experience and demonstrated experience in providing Early Childhood Care and Development training at the community level and at the in-service and pre-service level
- Experience in developing and implementing ECD interventions for disadvantaged and vulnerable groups, especially those in emergency contexts.
- Deep familiarity and understanding of ECD context in Nigeria, especially in emergency contexts or and disadvantaged settings is added advantage.
- Strong editing and translation (Hausa and English) skills
- Experience in conducting programme monitoring and mentoring at the community level.
- Excellent workshop facilitation and training skills, especially with teachers and government officials.
- Excellent writing and reporting skills
- Fluency in English and Hausa language
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=510006