Subsea 7 is a world-leading seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services contractor to the offshore energy industry. We provide cost-effective technical solutions to enable the delivery of complex projects in all water depths and challenging environments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Planner
Vacancy ref: 57090
Contract type: Staff
Languages in which you may apply: English
- The role is responsible for implementing, maintaining and follow-up of all project planning activities within a project including interface with other Project Controls roles.
- All personnel are expected to contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture within Nigerstar 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to local HSEQ codes and practices.
Specific Key Responsibilities & Activities
- Establish, maintain and follow up plans/networks and resources for new and established projects in accordance with Nigerstar 7 Planning procedures.
- Development and maintenance of the Baseline schedule for Client’s approval including agreed S-curves and reporting formats
- Development of project specific procedures including Work Breakdown Structure and progress measurement methods in accordance with Client’s requirements.
- Prepare reports as requested; progress, critical paths, deviations, forecast
- Prepare schedules as requested; detailed schedules, what-if simulations.
- Assure that any changes related to the scope of the contract get implemented into relevant plans.
- Implementation of sub-contractors plans into main schedule/plan including establishing reporting routines for sub-contractors and follow up of progress.
- Participate, assuring good communication and follow up internal and external activities in the project. Reporting consequences/changes related to planned progress according to agreed reporting frequency.
- Actively work together with other Project Controls disciplines to ensure quality in deliverablesSupport Engineering, Operations and Tendering department in the preparation of plans / schedules associated with Bids / Tenders.
- Operate within the Code of Conduct
- Operate according to Nigerstar 7’s Management Principles.
Key Relationships/ Stakeholders:
- Degree qualified in areas such as Quantity Surveying, Business Management, Law and Engineering
- Affiliation/member with nationally recognized professional body; if applicable
- Degree/Qualification in related course or other equivalent experience, plus minimum of 10+ years relevant working experience in Oil & Gas (Construction, Engineering, Offshore sectors etc.)
- Proficiency in use of Planning and Reporting tools such as Primavera, Microsoft Project, e.t.c.
- Basic knowledge of Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication, and Offshore Installation processes in the Oil and Gas Sector with previous offshore experience.
- Pro-active and positive to changes and challenges
- Pro-active and open in communication with all interfacing parties.
- Demonstrate a good level of initiative
- Team oriented and performance driven
- Availability to work offshore on rotations (if/when required).
- Application Deadline: January 31, 2018