WATER AND HABITAT PURCHASER
- Responsible for the procurement of all requested Water & Habitat (WatHab) goods and Services for the ICRC Sub Delegation in Maiduguri as well as for the ICRC Office in Damaturu securing the best correlation of quality, price and delivery time
- Undertakes any needed regularisation/correction in Procurement files. Must ensure that the Request for Quotation (RFQ) and Request for Tender (RFT) contain all relevant information to enable transparent selection of the best price, terms and conditions.
- Receives WatHab RFT, ST, PO/contracts from the field and verifies/screen them thoroughly before submitting to the Logistics Delegate for further treatment
- Updates and maintains knowledge about main suppliers; checks the market for potential new suppliers together with WatHab
- Liaises with Dispatch and Transport to decide on transport mode and prioritize dispatch of cargo as well as with WatHab
- Liaises with WatHab for the purchasing forecast
- Bachelor Degree, Associate Degree or equivalent higher education degree in administration, logistics, purchasing or similar field.
- Additional vocational training in administration, logistics or purchasing.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in logistics, purchasing, administration or similar position in Engineering or humanitarian sector.
- Advanced conversational and written English and Hausa.
- PC literate: Microsoft office.
- Understand well the work and needs of the WatHab department
- Skilled in the following competencies: Adapting & Learning, Responsibility & Autonomy
- Honest & Trustworthy.
- Negotiation, Communication (Ability to express views and ideas)
- Good knowledge of the local market.
- Capacity to integrate the ICRC logistic procedures.
- Flexibility and team playing within and out with the logistics department
How to Apply:
Persons interested and qualified should send application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to
Please clearly indicate “WatHab Purchaser Maiduguri” as the subject of your application
(Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 17.01.2018. Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information about the ICRC, please visit our website www.icrc.org