RwandAir, established in 2002 is the National Carrier for the Republic of Rwanda. RwandAir mission statement is “to provide unsurpassed, safe and reliable services in air transportation, including strategically linking Rwanda with the outside world, while ensuring a fair return on investment.” The majority share holding of the company is the Government of Rwanda.
Job Title: MCC Engineer
Department: Maintenance & engineering
Reporting: Maintenance Manager
1. Key Responsibilities
• Prepare troubleshooting assistance whenever aircraft defects are reported by outstations.
• Follow up aircraft deferred defects and provide troubleshooting guidance for repetitive and chronic problems.
• Monitor repeated write ups and provide troubleshooting advice.
• Record daily technical delays and provide a monthly delay report.
• Liaise with QA and aircraft manufacturers to provide authority to exceed limits or get a no technical objections in outstations to avert AOG situations.
• Monitor ACARS reports and early warning messages received from outstations and flight crew, and prepare task cards based on the reports for accomplishment on the aircraft.
• Monitors ETOPS oil consumption data and propose corrective action when oil consumption exceeds the allowable limit.
• Estimate time required to perform troubleshooting and advice OCC and concerned operations departments.
• Troubleshoot problems and determine parts required to fix defects.
• Participate in all maintenance review meeting.
• Perform any other related duties that will be assigned.
• Coordinate with OCC to ensure operations are informed of all technical defects and maintenance activities.
• Investigate all technical delays and make recommending steps to prevent future occurrence in order to improve OTP.
• Language proficiency in English, written and spoken.
• Must be licensed with ICAO type II license.
• Must be rated on A330 and B737NG aircraft. Additional ratings on Q400 and CRJ900 aircraft will be an added advantage.
• Must have a minimum of 3 years Line or Base maintenance experience.
• Must have a minimum of 2 years MCC experience on B737NG and A330 aircraft , CRJ900 and Q400.
3. How to apply:
• An application letter addressed to General Manager -Human Resources;
• Recent Curriculum Vitae;
• Relevant certificates;
• A photocopy of the national identity card;
• Two passport photos;
• Three referees
The deadline for submitting application documents is February 15th ,2018 at 4pm local time at the front desk of our head office located at Kigali International Airport, Top Floor building or on below email address.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.