The role This role will work collaboratively with members and other departments of the Borno office in close coordination with Country office programme to ensure smooth management of development and humanitarian programme awards, sub awards and contracts, focusing on donor compliance and accountability. This position will also be responsible to build the capacity of staff and partner organizations.
Qualifications and experience
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in any of the social Sciences or related discipline.
- Professional qualification in Accounting or Financial Management (ICAN, ACCA, etc.) will be an added advantage
- 6-8 years proven work experience managing International Donor Funded projects
- Experience of and well developed skills in staff management, supervision and capacity building
- Proven track record of supporting a senior management team
- Knowledge of the requirements of the major donors and experience in reporting to donors
- Good attention to detail and analytical skills
- Computer literate (i.e. WORD, advanced Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer, financial systems)
- Cultural awareness and ability to build relationships quickly with a wide variety of people
- Patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and remain responsive and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a workload comprised of varying and changing tasks and responsibilities
- Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English, with experience in managing multicultural teams
- Experience with Save the Children award management system (AMS)
- Significant experience with NGOs in an international environment
- Fluent in Hausa (or other as appropriate)
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday All children learn from a quality basic education and that, Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
Application Email: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to: ‘E.Hamdain.firstname.lastname@example.org‘