The Enugu State Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources in collaboration with Enugu State Focal Office, World Bank/Development Partner Projects, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for implementation of the Agro-Processing, Productivity Enhancement and Livelihood Support (APPEALS) – World Bank Assisted Project, in the capacity below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Functions and Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the State Project Coordinator respectively, the incumbent will coordinate the procurement of all goods, works and services financed under the project.
Specific duties of the position will include:
- Preparation of procurement plans for implementation of the project.
- Prepare Bidding documents.
- Responsible for day-to-day procurement activities as contained in the PIM.
- Update and implement the procurement manual.
- Initiate procurement and training workshops.
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned by the State Project Coordinator.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- A first degree or HND in Engineering, Purchasing and Supply, Business Administration or other relevant qualification. Possession of higher
- degree will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of post-qualification experience in procurement for developmental projects.
- Demonstrated competence in procurement under externally assisted projects with specific experience in IDA/Donor funded agency.
- Ability to communicate and write effectively and Computer literacy.
Application Closing Date
20th February, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and addressed to:
Office of the Commissioner,
Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources,
Enugu State Focal Office,
World Bank/Development Partner Projects,