Ignitia is recruiting a Grant Proposal Writer to work from our offices in Accra, Ghana.
Do you want to be part of a dynamic team in an exciting environment? We are seeking a talented and passionate Grant Proposal Writer who will research and write proposals.
About the Role
As the Grant Proposal Writer you are responsible for developing winning grant proposals submitted to foundation, corporate, and government sources. Due to our lean operations and rapid growth you will get access to greater learnings, freedom, and responsibilities than most companies could offer. Each person plays a significant role in the company and is treated accordingly with a great amount of respect and appreciation.
- Research, identify and qualify funding opportunities from corporate, foundation, and government sources
- Develops, creates, writes, prepares, and complete grant proposals in timely manner involving key stakeholders and staff
- Guide and facilitate faculty and staff in the development and preparation of research proposals, contracts, sub-contracts, and agreements, to include budgets, documentation, and interpretation of funding requirements
- Assist in the formulation of processes and procedures for negotiation of contract and grant pre-awards and post-award; assist in arbitration and resolution of conflicting interests, as necessary
- Coordinate receipt of awards and contract documentation; maintain proposal and funding records in database systems, and prepare scheduled and special reports, studies and analyses
- Create and maintain a master list of all grants including proposal due dates, completed proposals and report dates
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A/B.S) in related field or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years experience in grant writing with a successful track record for securing significant multi-year commitments from donors
- Superior knowledge of and proven experience writing proposals to large corporate, foundation and government donors, and an understanding of technical and financial requirements for large grants
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to tell stories and leverage scientific data for strong proposals
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources
- Strong written communication skills and the ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals
- Strong editing skills with an attention to detail
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines with general direction and minimal guidance.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research
Ignitia is a high-technology company and social enterprise that has recently developed the world’s first highly accurate tropical weather forecast model. We serve small-scale farmers in West Africa by sending a daily forecast via SMS, provided in partnership with major telecommunication firms and agricultural B2B organisations.
We started in 2010 as a new research team in physics & meteorology, gathered from different renowned universities and research institutions such as NASA. We set out to tackle the difficult problem of accurately predicting weather in the tropics. It wasn’t easy.
After years of painstaking efforts in developing the algorithms and model, we finally had something we wanted to test in the field. Our first trial in 2013 offered 3,400 small-scale farmers in Ghana seasonal, monthly and daily weather forecasts. A mere eight farmers opted out of the service during the season and our accuracy rate was measured at 82%, as compared to the current standard of 39%.
We made it – a reliable tropical weather forecast was born!
For the first time, rural small-scale farmers in West Africa are the first clients of a major technology innovation. We like that … and we’re just getting started!
What we offer you
Perks are also part of the deal – like delicious meals cooked by our own wonderful chef everyday for lunch, or the warm sunsets that can be enjoyed from our office balcony….not to mention the beautiful beaches of Ghana where we usually head on weekends!
Start as soon as possible
The role is located in Accra, Ghana
Please fill out the application form found on https://ignitia-ab.workable.com/j/91BF94649C.