Title : Administration coordinator – Kenya/Somalia (M/F)
Location : Kenya – Nairobi
For more than 35 years, Médecins du Monde (MDM), a campaigning medical organization committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies. Those working for this independent organization do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MDM currently works in 46 countries across all continents where it focuses on 4 priority areas: caring for the health of migrants and displaced persons, promoting sexual and reproductive health, combating HIV and reducing the harm and risks associated with drug use, crises and conflicts.
In July 2011, after several exploratory missions, MdM decided to open a project in the town of Bosaso, in the semi-autonomous state of Puntland (Somalia). This choice was dictated by the number of IDPs present in the town and the lack of medical structures accessible to the vulnerable population. MdM, with a local partner, Integrated Services for the Displaced Population (ISDP), and the Ministry of Health, has been addressing health needs of the poor host communities and IDP population, by offering primary health care services.
In Kenya, MdM started a comprehensive programme in Nairobi in May 2013, focusing on the slum areas and the more remote locations of Dagoretti County. The programme focuses on the prevention and treatment of HIV/AIDS and hepatitis through the implementation of a broader multidisciplinary framework of intervention, while advocating for a long term and sustainable harm reduction approach.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As administrative coordinator you are responsible for the legal framework, the accounting, the budget follow-up, the HR management for both the Somali and the Kenyan mission.
More in details you:
1. Legal framework
– Ensure compliance with the formalities required by the government agencies and other local authorities, in Kenya and Somalia in due time
– Prepare the various contracts for HR and reviews the contracts established by other departments
– Are responsible for the preparation and updating of the documents retracing all of the administrative, financial and hr procedures of the mission.
– Are responsible for the accounting & finance procedures in Bosaso and Nairobi offices and Harm Reduction project in Nairobi and ensures it is in compliance with the MdM HQ policies
– Support the field coordinators for any administrative, accounting and financial issue
Cash management and bank operations:
– Are responsible for the management of the cash holdings
– Are responsible for the management of the bank accounts in Nairobi and Bosaso and supervise the management of the bank accounts in the field
– Supervise and control the administrative officers’ assessment of the financial requirements for the mission’s sites for the coming month and submit the compiled fund request to HQ
– Establish the budget for new projects, for the annual budget exercise and for the mid-year revised budget exercise
– Prepare a monthly budget follow-up for the mission’s annual budgets and per donor and share and analyse it with the different departments
– With the logistics and program’s responsible, prepare the expenses forecast for the coming months
3. Funding & donors
– Draft the financial part of project proposals, request for amendments and intermediary/final reports for the donors
– Ensure appropriate follow-up of the current funding plan, as well as MdM commitments to donors
– Prepare the financial reports for HQ and donors and provide variance analysis.
4. Human Resources Management
Administrative management of the national staff
– Supervise the diffusion of job advertisements, and pre-selection of the applicants in compliance with the local legislation and/or the local “rules”
– Ensure the application of local legislation concerning the national personnel
– Update the HR documents on a yearly basis and whenever a change in the Labour law arises
– Update the salary grid on a yearly basis, after validation from MdM HQ and the General Coordinator
– Supervise the establishment of the monthly pay slips and the payment of the taxes
Administrative management of the expatriate staff
– Ensure the application of local legislation concerning the expatriate personnel and their registration
– Follow-up on visa and flight tickets renewal dates
– Update the accommodation rules on a yearly basis and apply them once validated by HQ and the general coordinator
– Make arrival briefings about the administrative and contractual aspects
5. Programme related activities
– Regularly assess the capacity of MdM partners, draft capacity building plan together with the general coordinator and provide support in its application.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee Contract : Fixed-term contract
Duration : 12 months
Position based in Nairobi with several movements to Somalia.
2778 gross monthly salary on 13 months
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost (home-work), vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year.
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Master in Business Administration or equivalent
Experience in Human Resources (policy tools and management)
Experience in acknowledging and take into account the labor law in the HR mission policy
Experience in following NGO legal status and registration, negotiation in difficult context
Excellent skills in finances and in financial reporting
Experience in management of multi-donors / multi projects budgets
Knowledge and understanding of Project Cycle Management
Legal experience or knowledge of Labour Law
Good knowledge of international donors
Knowledge of SAGA would be a real asset
Personal skills required
Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability, capacity to take initiatives
Ability to work both autonomously and within a team
Knowledge of the countries could be valued
French Added value
You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
Aucune offre actuelle ne vous convient?Envoyez-nous votre CV