The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) has a vacancy based in Vienna, Austria, for a Senior Executive Secretary in the Office of the Secretary General.
- Receives all incoming correspondence addressed to the Secretary General, monitoring same and initiating the necessary action to be taken; prepares/ reviews outgoing correspondence to be signed by the Secretary General.
- Reviews/edits draft letters/reports for the Secretary General’s consideration/signature by other Divisions/ Departments/ Offices.
- Receives all facsimiles of the Secretariat, forwarding same internally as appropriate.
- Supervises the archiving and the maintenance of the records of the Office.
- Assists in organizing/coordinating the missions of the Secretary General.
- Liaises/communicates with the Secretary General’s outside/ international contacts and organizes appointments accordingly.
- Assists in the preparations for Meetings of Ministers, Governors and other high-level bodies; services these meetings and produces minutes/summaries of proceedings or decisions thereof.
- Carries out any other tasks assigned by the relevant superiors as pertain to his/her background, qualifications and position.
- Education: Vocational training
- Work Experience: 8 years
Skills and Knowledge:
- Office administration
- MS Office
- Effective writing and reporting
- Communication & interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
- Initiative and integrity
- Proficiency in written and spoken English; German an asset
Commensurate remuneration package, i.e. monthly basic salary of (€ 4,408 x 12 per year), with tax-free benefits and six-week annual leave.
Finance & Human Resources Department
A-1010 Vienna – Austria
Or email: [email protected]
Online applicants should quote “Job Code 1.0.03” in the “Subject” field. An automatic reply will be sent to confirm the successful submission of the documents.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 30 April 2018. Acknowledgements will only be sent to short-listed candidates.