The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Abuja Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below.
- Performs maintenance and repairs that require no specific technical skills on equipment and structures according to oral or written instructions.
- Cleans and details vehicles as required ( interior/exterior)
- Assist the Mechanics in carrying out their work as required
- Ensure Workshop and store area are routinely cleaned and organized
- Carries out fuelling of generators
- Assists other workshop team members when needed
Education and Experience required:
- Minimum of Primary school education
- Basic command of written and spoken English an asset.
- Basic math skills required
- Driving license
Desire profile and skills:
- Basic knowledge of welding and electricity and asset
- Previous auto-detailing experience an asset
- Basic knowledge of automotive technology an asset
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of basic mechanical safety procedures.
- Good knowledge of the local area and integration into a professional network
How to apply
- Send Curriculum vitae, copy of drivers licence and contact details of three referees to ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.
org or hard copy to 5, Queen Elizabeth Street, Asokoro, Abuja
- Clearly indicate “Mechanic Helper Abuja” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
- In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 16.05.2018, 16:30 h. Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information about the ICRC, please visit our website www.icrc.org