The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Yola Sub Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below.
Water and Habitat Technician (Hygiene Promotion Officer)
- Actively participate in the design, development and implementation of hygiene promotion program in camps and non-camp settings.
- Provide technical guidance to the Nigeria Red Cross Society volunteers by training, supervision, mentoring and follow up of progress on the capacity development of their skills.
- Adopt participatory learning approaches/methods for community water, hygiene and sanitation
- Participate in the monitoring of all hygiene promotion, and community mobilization activities to ensure target communities behavior change and project ownership.
- Mobilize, organize and supervise, through facilitators or other means, members of the communities to take ownership of maintaining best practices in personal, community and environmental hygiene.
- Conduct participatory hygiene promotion sessions within communities, groups of persons with specific needs, according to age, gender and diversity, community-based committees and other groups, such as duty bearers and stakeholders.
- Draw programs in line with globally recognized hygiene and sanitation action days.i.e Global handwashing, World Toilet days.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental/Public Health/Social Science or equivalent training/experience in related technical field.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ practical work experience working with vulnerable communities in the field of water/sanitation, WASH, hygiene or public health and experience in behavior change activities.
- Familiarity with key health and hygiene issues and hygiene promotion/education activities in camp and/or non-camp settings.
- Experience of training design, delivery, facilitation, mentoring and building the capacity of communities and partners is desirable.
- Knowledge of participatory approaches will be an added advantage.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English as well as spoken Hausa.
- Strong communication and reporting skills for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Familiarity with Adamawa/Borno South State.
- Adaptable, Efficient and Organized
- Communicative and clear
- Responsible, reliable and accountable
How to apply
- Send Curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.
- Clearly indicate “Wathab Technician (HPO) Yola” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
- In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 16.05.2018, 16:30 h. Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information about the ICRC, please visit our website www.icrc.org