Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental,
intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all.
It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Working under the overall supervision of the Resource Management Officer and the direct supervision Head of ICT, Abuja and head of
Sub-office Lagos. The successful candidate will be responsible for the installation, operation and maintenance of computer systems,
hardware peripherals and implementation of ITC requirements for IOM Lagos and Benin sub offices. He/ She will assist the
administration of daily incoming calls to the IT department, open help desk tickets as appropriate, troubleshoot and correct minor IT
issues and route more complex IT issues to the head of ICT Unit, Abuja. He/she will;
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Install new hardware including: PC, laptops, servers, printers and software in any particular location and periodically performs
2. Maintain installed software, ensuring proper updates (including latest antivirus definitions) are applied and making optimizations
3. Make user data and server backups: The backups should be tested randomly for consistency
4. Provides first level support to users who are experiencing computer problems and trouble-shoots issues related to access, online
connection, file storage, and application functionality.
5. Acts as the first point of contact for staff on collection of new hardware and replacement hardware in the Lagos sub-office.
6. Resolve End User queries and constraints related to software and other ITC components in coordination with the ICT Abuja,
elevating those that cannot be resolved
7. Monitor the use of Internet by staff and advice management of any such abuses or excesses by staff that may become evident in
the course of their work.
8. Maintains IT equipment inventory; Monitors inventory levels and alert supervisor when low thresholds are reached;
9. Identify and prepare hardware for disposal when appropriate
10. Responsible for tracking ICT equipment Procurement Requests, testing of new equipment and reporting to ICT Head, Abuja
11. Resolve any hardware, software, or connectivity problem with minimum delay.
12. Attempts to resolve as many problems calls or service requests on initial contact and provides technical support in the IT related
13. Visit user’s premises to resolve problems in other sub-offices, if necessary.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose
of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
14. Prepare daily, weekly, monthly and yearly statistics for UKTB, Canada, Australia and New Zealand and submit to supervisor.
15. Ensures and validates HAPSTAT.
16. Manage the tele radiology system, file server, PACS server and X ray machine.
17. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• University degree from an accredited academic institution in Computer science or Computer Engineering;
• Minimum two (2) years (4 years for school diploma holder) of relevant experience in the field of ITC including operational
and field experiences,
• Ability to work with an established IT support centre – communication by phone and email;
• Good knowledge of: Windows OS and networking. VOIP and corporate Skype installations and other IOM approved
software as may be required;
• MSCE and Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) qualification will be an added advantage.
Fluency in English and Native Language; Fluency in multiple native languages advantageous;
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism;
• Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service both in person and on the phone
• Ability to determine the best course of action for the situation and reflect critical thinking skills that will allow for success,
• Promotes continuous learning: communicates clearly;
• Ability to multi-task and work well under deadlines.
• Good knowledge of computers and printers, and a general interest in technology.
• Displays mastery of subject matter;
• Contributes to a collegial team environment;
• Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment and retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual
exploitation and abuse (PSEA);
• Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa
requirements, and security clearances.
Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
SHORT VACANCY NOTICE
Open to Internal & External Candidates
Position : Information Technology Assistant
Organizational Unit : Resource Management
Duty Station : Lagos
IOM Classification : G4 (NGN 444,463.42 per month)
Type of Appointment : Special Short Term (SST) Grade Equivalent
SVN No. : SVN2018/24
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 24th May, 2018
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to HRNIGERIA@iom.int indicating position applied on subject
line by Thursday 24th May, 2018
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page
specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and
with a subject line SVN2018.24 Lagos. Information Technology Assistant.
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be