Who we’re looking for
PwC is looking for an established and motivated Pursuit Leader to drive new business opportunity management across our West Market Area (WMA). As well as a deep understanding of best practice bid management, the ideal candidate will have experience with strategic account management and demonstrable experience coaching senior stakeholders and client facing teams.
The Pursuit Leader role is a new role and we are looking for an experienced candidate who can challenge conventional thinking, and draw on their commercial outlook to contribute towards win strategies. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of facilitating bids from start to finish and will be confident in developing bid strategies and leading bid teams through the firm’s sales framework (Pursuit). They will also have experience of assessing stop/go decisions, pipeline management and reporting, pitch presentation preparation, pricing and negotiation, as well as conducting client win/loss debriefs.
An understanding of the professional services environment, preferably within an audit and assurance or management consulting, will be beneficial. Experience in any of our key industries: Consumer & Industrial Products; Energy Utilities & Resources; Financial Service; Government & Public Sector; and Technology, Information Communications and Entertainment; would also be desirable.
About the role
The successful candidate join the WMA Bid Office in a leadership role, which reports into the Clients & Markets Leader for the region. The Pursuit Leader will play a senior role helping to drive the development and implementation of the firm’s go-to-market strategy and in particular to deliver:
•Enhanced relationships and networks
•A distinctive brand experience
The role will require flexibility to work across all industries and lines of services within the firm and across all countries within WMA (Nigeria, Ghana, Liberia and Sierra Leone), as the need arises.
This exciting role provides the opportunity to work directly with senior partners and to work with a diverse range of client teams to provide guidance, advice and support. A focus of the role is to ensure that the firm is consistent in how we identify, qualify and pursue new business opportunities – ensuring that we are bidding for the right opportunities and that our proposals and presentations are best in class.
The Pursuit Leader will provide leadership to the WMA Bid Office team who are responsible for ensuring that proposals are persuasive, successfully differentiate PwC from the competition and that we always deliver the best of PwC to our priority clients and on competitive opportunities.
Key areas of responsibility may include:
• To work closely with practice Partners and Business Unit Leaders to develop our sales culture
• Supporting and advising account teams in all aspects of opportunity management
• Expert coaching on bid strategy and end-to-end proposal development
• Driving innovation in opportunity management and proposal delivery
• Conducting post decision reviews with clients
• Coordinating and supporting the Pursuit coaches network
• Facilitating training for participants at all levels
• Working closely with the industry and priority account drivers to support their sales strategies and provide proactive bid support as needed
• Facilitate client session, such as account planning workshops, as needed
• Developing scalable tools and sharing insights to support business development activities across all countries in WMA.
• Ideally, experience in a business development or strategic bid management role in a ‘Big 4’, or other professional services environment or similar blue chip organisation
• Excellent influencing, strong communication and facilitation skills in order to be credible and to be able to coach account teams and senior stakeholders
• Ability to build and manage relationships at a senior level, as they will be required to change and influence senior stakeholders
• A proactive ‘can-do approach’ is vital with sound commercial understanding
• Experience of drafting and reviewing written communications to deliver specific messages within tight deadlines
• Proven track record of proposal management and bid advice
• The drive to deliver excellent client service through the proposal process
• People management experience desirable