British Council Nigeria is looking to hire an individual to work with the Project Manager, International Education Services in supporting the delivery of the British Council’s Education programme. This includes project support and delivery of all projects under the Education portfolio.
The opportunities for this role include greater exposure to:
- Different internal and external stakeholders in Nigerian and UK Education systems.
- Increased knowledge and use of SAP (financial management software)
- Project delivery through administrative support
- Negotiating with external vendors to get value for money for the council.
- Use of monitoring and evaluation tools of the British Council to report projects delivered.
It will be important for you to bring experience in the following:
- Project delivery support
- Organising and planning events
- Managing finance and resources
- Managing relationships with external clients, partners and stakeholders
A Bachelors degree is the minimum requirement.
As part of the recruitment exercise, shortlisted candidates will undergo APTIS test (test of English) and interviews.
Short-listing is carried out against the essential knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience as specified in the Role Profile which accompanies this. Were required, desirable skills can also be used.
See the role profile for further information on role responsibilities. See also, other relevant document
Applications for this vacancy are to be made online. The closing date is 15 June 2018 at 23:59 UK Time. If you have any questions which aren’t answered in the vacancy information above, please contact NigeriaHR@ng.britishcouncil.org.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and is keen to reflect diversity of UK society at every level within the organisation. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. British Council appointments are contingent on thorough checks. In the UK, and where appropriate systems exist overseas, these include Criminal Records checks.