The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 190 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
Reporting to the Health Delegate, the Health programmes assistant will:
- Provide administrative support in the timely and smooth implementation of the tasks and responsibilities linked to the health plan and priorities.
- Provide comprehensive administrative and technical support to the health team and to all the programmes.
- Assist to support the operational team in the translation and dissemination of their needs within the communities.
- Assist in the follow up of the management of programme implementation in the operational area
- Assist in close collaboration with the National Societies to ensure close and appropriate linkages between the health team and the branches;
- Provide the data management services for the operation.
- Accountable for providing professional administrative expertise and support.
- Support the health team in the organization of meetings internally or externally: Planning and events, issuing and preparing invitations and requests for meetings.
- Collect, compiles, tracks and anticipates the necessary documentation and files containing briefings and information for meetings, events and mission travel and ensures the required clearances.
- Attend meetings and prepares meeting notes, meeting reports (syntheses, summaries, agreements and action points for follow-up), upon request identify meeting content.
- Keep the various operational file holders informed of requests and upcoming commitments and deadlines.
- Perform other administration duties as assigned by the health team at the field level.
- Conduct research on various ad hoc projects.
- Support to the program activities during the assessments to be carried out.
- Supports the team in the daily program activities and provide assistance to compile any financial report.
- Provide support in drafting, editing and preparing presentations, correspondence and other communications when required.
- Support knowledge management systems and file.
- Maintain a central filing system for the operational team coordinate with archives and records ensuring all key documents are accessible and appropriately archived for all health-related programmes.
- Manage the health team office inventory stocks and archives in collaboration with the Logistics delegate
- In close collaboration with the health team, develop and maintain up-to-date mailing lists, contact lists for internal and external stakeholders for health-related matters.
- Relevant university degree in Health management, public health or other related fields
- Administrative or Secretarial Diploma
- A Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Health Programmes management
- A Minimum of 2 years’ professional experience working with local or international non- governmental organization
- Experience of writing report
- Experience of working with National Societies
- Basic secretarial skills
- Self-supporting in computers
- Very good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Motivated, self-started personality, sense of responsibility and organization skills
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to identify and handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- Good negotiation skills, good judgment and maturity
- Good knowledge of the operational context and area
- Flexibility and ability to travel in the operation’s areas
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- National Society relations
- Communication – Teamwork
- Professionalism – Integrity – Diversity
- Results focus and accountability
The Federation is an equal opportunity employer.