Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental,
intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all.
It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Procurement & Logistics Officer and the direct supervision of the Procurement & Logistics
Assistant in Abuja, the successful candidate will be responsible for completing standard driving and logistics supporting activities
in line with IOM’s rules and regulations. He will carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Drive IOM office vehicles; manage the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle to ensure roadworthiness of the
vehicles. This includes daily check of tyres, brakes, engine oil, fan belt etc.
2. Arrange for minor repairs and ensures that the vehicles are kept clean.
3. Keep record of spare parts for the vehicle and conduct monthly inventory of the spare parts.
4. Ensure that the vehicles undertake regular service intervals.
5. Make sure that the vehicle always has full tank prior departure for field trips.
6. Find the most direct routing over the best available roads to the destination.
7. Ensure that the IOM vehicle(s) is used only for official/authorized business, as advised by the supervisor.
8. Make sure that the daily log sheet is prepared and a monthly report is prepared summarizing statistics linked to
mileage, fuel consumption etc. for the vehicle.
9. Ensure communication equipment in the vehicle are functioning properly and perform frequent radio checks with UN
security office as well as radio the base for every vehicle movement (arrival & departure points).
10. Keep a high degree of confidentiality and discreteness in discussions, which involves IOM and its officials.
11. Take proper measures to reduce potential security threats to IOM officials or property within the immediate vicinity of
the vehicle and along transport routes.
12. Collect and delivers mails/documents as assigned.
13. Ensure that the steps required by the local rules and regulations (pertaining to driving) are taken in case of
involvement in accident.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply
to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
14. Assist in moving, relocation and general arrangements of office and shelter furniture and items.
15. Record incoming and outgoing correspondence in the mail register.
16. Send and receive courier packages, photocopy, faxing and filing of documents
17. Any other duty as may be assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience
Completed Secondary School Education.
In possession of a valid driving license to drive 4×4 vehicles (A, B, C, E class).
two years of relevant experience in driving required
Experience in working with UN agencies/ International NGOs/ Tour companies will be added advantage
Basic knowledge of vehicle maintenance and repairs.
A demonstrated level of computer literacy an added advantage.
Fluency in English and Native Language; Fluency in all languages advantageous;
Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and
promotes equal gender participation.
Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa
requirements, and security clearances.
Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to [email protected] indicating position applied on subject line by Thursday 5th July 2018
Type of Appointment : Contract Basis (Renewable)
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line CFCV2018/65 Abuja. On Call Driver
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be