Jafra Foundation for Relief and Youth Development is an international, nonprofit, non-partisan, secular organization operational in Greece, Sweden and Syria since late 2002.
We respond to the needs of the most vulnerable and empower communities and individuals. Our diverse programs seek to rebuild, support and provide opportunities to those affected by conflict.
We customize, design and implement our projects based on the emerging needs of the communities we serve to empower. To guarantee optimal results, we utilize the technical knowledge and contextual awareness of some 600 local and international Jafra staff and volunteers on the ground.
We pride ourselves on the wide range of pertinent projects and programs we implement internationally and directly, that continually invest in the future of communities, households and individuals.
Jafra Foundation is currently registered in Belgium, Greece, Lebanon and Sweden, headquartered in Lebanon. The future of Jafra Foundation and the people it positively affects looks bright, with planned future expansion into Spain, Germany and Belgium in response to the growing refugee crisis.
For more details on the foundation: http://jafrafoundation.org/
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Following the Syrian crisis, Jafra expanded its scope of activities and geographical area coverage. Jafra is currently re-organizing its internal structure and developing policies that comply with International Donor’s requirements. Jafra’s aim is to be equipped with all the necessary policies, guidelines and strategic structures, thereby enabling it to apply directly to International Donors.
The objectives of the MEAL consultant are:
· Development of a MEAL policy as per International Donors Standards (DFID/ EC/ OFDA/SIDA) and in line with Jafra’s mandate and scope of activities
· Development of a MEAL strategy for ongoing and future projects
· Design MEAL tools for Jafra’s activities, including assessments, basline/endline, market assessment, onsite monitoring: Education, Child Protection, WASH, Food Security & Livelihood, Youth, Emergency Response etc.
· Design lessons learnt tools to enhance Jafra’s learning process and the quality of implemented activities
· Advice on the required MEAL department structure at field level and the capacity building / training needs
DURATION AND EXPECTED STARTING DATE
CONSULTANCY MAY BE CARRIED OUT REMOTELY OR AT JAFRA HQ, BEIRUT, LEBANON
Expected Starting Date: July 5th, 2018
Expected Date for Deliverables: September 15th, 2018
Please send your CV with a cover letter to [email protected]
Note MEAL Consultant in the subject line of the email