Nigerdock is strategically located in the Snake Island Integrated Free Zone and offers a fully integrated support service to the upstream oil and gas and broader energy sector.
Job Position:Tender Buyer
- An opportunity has arisen for an experienced person (5 years or more) to assume the position of Tender Buyer. The ideal person will be someone who has graduated with a Degree Social Sciences or Supply Chain Management and is qualified with Supply Chain qualification (Purchasing). Responsibilities:
- Source competitive pricing for goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and tender targets
- Ensure timeous soliciting of pricing and communicate any problems which may pose a risk or impact on the tendering process
- Develop and maintain Procurement and subcontract plans for bids as required
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers/vendors
- Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible
- Deliver briefs, updates and reports as and when required
- Develop creative and innovative procurement benchmarking processes
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve the tender process, add value, and measures that can contribute to eventual business acquisition.
- Negotiate contracts/proposals/quotations, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilizing negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Ensure that a professional, consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships and ensure good communications at all times
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures.
- Explore alternate sources for goods, materials and services and consider Nigerian Content Development (NCD) guidelines where applicable
- Undertake continuous research on and evaluate existing and new suppliers for the vendor data base
- Maintain a data base of all relevant pricing and ensure this is updated regularly for use on current and future tenders
- Work collaboratively and negotiate and engage with stakeholders and suppliers regarding new project tendering
- Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise stakeholders of any impact pre and post tender
- Attend meetings and update all stakeholders on issues or concerns, in particular when there is a risk which could prevent the company from meeting tender demands.
- Support product/material or service change requests and review and communicate the impact on pre and post tenders
- Mentor and coach if applicable any subordinate to enhance their career and professional development for the betterment of the company
- Relevant Commercial and or Business Degree
- 5 years or more proven tender purchasing experience, preferably within an oil and gas/ marine projects background
- Membership to the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) would be advantageous
- Previous tender software and ERP (Oracle) experience
- Advanced User experience in MS Excel