- Handles documentation of all items for maintenance of the book catalogue (cataloguing, classification, abstracts, updating automated catalogue and card catalogue), and assists in the development of library collection and services.
- Coordinates the electronic archiving of the Secretariat’s documents in collaboration with assigned staff from other Departments.
- Renders research assistance to library users (literature searches, subject bibliographies, in-depth research projects).
- Handles accessions and labeling of new books, reports and pamphlets.
- Prepares catalogue cards from database entries.
- Assists OPEC staff and others in using the automated book catalogue and in using keywords and descriptors to obtain optimal results in the search of library databases.
- Carries out any other tasks assigned by the relevant superiors as pertain to his/her background, qualifications and position.
- University degree: Library/Information Science or related fields
- Work experience: 4 years
Skills and Knowledge:
- MS Office
- Library management system
- Electronic archiving and administration
- Library and information science
- Copyright (data protection)
- Analytical & presentation skills
- Communication & interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
- Initiative & integrity
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
Commensurate remuneration package, i.e. monthly basic salary of (€ 4,061 x 12 per year), with tax-free benefits and six-week annual leave.
Finance & Human Resources Department
A-1010 Vienna – Austria
Or email: email@example.com
Online applicants should quote “Job Code 3.4.02” in the “Subject” field. An automatic reply will be sent to confirm the successful submission of the documents.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 29 July 2018. Acknowledgements will only be sent to short-listed candidates.