World Vision is a humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 40,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Risk Specialist, you will be maintaining a strong set of proactive issues management messaging packages on reputation risk issues that regularly arise. You will help establish a united front in the face of attacks on World Vision’s reputation, monitors risk events and serves on the Global Centre incident management team for individual risk events such as child protection issues, whistleblower incidents etc. You will provide strategic advice, training and counsel to Regional Office (RO) and National Office (NO) comms staff in managing risk events, and engages collaboratively with ministry leaders, operations directors, programme managers and others to understand risk points in high-risk contexts and oversees the development of a communications plan to address the risk.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or a related field.
- Five to seven years in a crisis and issues management role.
- Good understanding of private, public and institutional donors, as well as other partners, and their expectations and needs for information during a crisis.
- Experience of working in cross-cultural environments, sensitivity to multicultural social, religious and gender issues.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 16 JUL 2018. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
World Vision International
*Preferred location: Australia. Other locations to be determined by home country of successful candidate within the Asia or European time zone where WVI is registered to operate.