The WHO Evaluation Office plans to undertake a review of the WHO online language training. The purpose of this call for expression of interest is to identify an experienced consultant to undertake this review.
In 2013, face-to-face language classes were replaced at WHO by online training, including access to a platform of learning, individual conversation with a teacher and virtual classrooms. The aim of the change was to address, among other concerns, inequity, low attendance at staff to face-to-face classes and a disproportionately high cost for the services provided. The WHO Staff Committee and Senior Management agreed that it is good organizational practice to review the impact of the online training offered to staff with the aim of improving it for end users so that they are better equipped to deliver the work of the Organization.
The overall objective of the review is to assist Senior Management in providing to all staff across the Organization the best possible language training, benefiting the highest possible number of staff in the most efficient way.
Detailed terms of reference are attached.
Deliverables and Timeline
It is envisaged that this exercise will require 30 days of work during the period 15 July-15 October 2018.
WHO is looking for an experienced external independent consultant with the following experience, knowledge and skills:
- Postgraduate qualifications in areas related to the subject
- At least ten years of relevant experience in review and evaluation
- Past experience in review/evaluation of training and capacity building programmes
- Past experience of designing and conducting complex reviews, assessments and evaluations at WHO or in other UN agencies an advantage
- Understanding and experience of assessing implementation of HR-related policies in UN and/or other multilateral agencies an advantage
- Proven communication, facilitation and writing skills
- Excellent working knowledge of English (oral and written) – second UN language beneficial
- WHO daily fees for this assignment range from US$ 500 to US$ 625 – rates will be offered based on candidate expertise and experience.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their application by 27 June 2018 to [email protected] with a copy to [email protected]. Please specify “Expression of Interest-WHO online language training review” in the email subject line.
The expression of interest should include:
- Cover letter and CV
- Examples of recent, relevant engagements (up to 5)
- Availability July to October 2018
Short-listed candidates will be invited to a short telephone interview as part of the final selection process.